Xion Audio Player

WinCustomize Adds Xion [Updated: 6-1-07]

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby SK Originals » June 1st, 2007, 5:26 am

Just thought everyone would like to know WinCustomize added Xion to its list of libraries today. Many Skinners (^^Gabriel, vStyler and others including myself) made numerous recommendations to the staff to have it added. Today they made it so look for it soon.

Check out WinCustomize and feel free to add your skins, they are looking forward to it.

http://www.wincustomize.com/

Look for a lot of skinners who create suites of skins (multiple matching skins for various programs) to start adding Xion as a normal part of their offerings. A great program and we skinners are really getting into it. Thank you Xion!!
Last edited by SK Originals on June 2nd, 2007, 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby skryingbreath » June 1st, 2007, 7:02 am

I have mixed feelings toward that site, but it's good to see that Xion is making a dent in skinning's passenger door.
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Postby ALAS » June 1st, 2007, 7:06 am

good news! but at the moment Xion isn´t present there yet (at least couldn´t find it listed), maybe soon...

suits... I´m not THAT fan of it. Cause I think some programs like audio players are stand-alone devices (don´t know if that phrase is really used in english) and should/could look unique. Especially at Xion where you can find many really gifted skinners with work of a special look and design (I think). I prefer matching styles but unique designs on a desktop. Like a domicile completely filled with art deco stuff but not all items in the same design.

Just my thoughts...

anyway good news :D

P.S.: at skinbase.org Xion is listed at Media-Players. I did some message with the recommendation (http://www.skinbase.org/msgboard.php?topicid=2283) to change it to audio-players (which I think fits better to Xion) but no reply. Maybe others can help to change it cause people might not find Xion there....
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 1st, 2007, 9:00 pm

SK Originals Wrote:Just thought everyone would like to know WinCustomize added Xion to its list of libraries today. Many Skinners (^^Gabriel, vStyler and others including myself) made numerous recommendations to the staff to have it added. Today they made it so look for it soon.

Check out WinCustomize and feel free to add your skins, they are looking forward to it.

http://www.wincustomize.com/

Look for a lot of skinners who create suites of skins (multiple matching skins for various programs) to start adding Xion as a normal part of their offerings. A great program and we skinners are really getting into it. Thank you Xion!!

I was unable to find Xion on this website? I couldn't find it in the application listing on the right side, or in the news? Am I missing something?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » June 1st, 2007, 10:41 pm

nope ;)
probably waiting for some skins to be pushed through to populate?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SK Originals » June 2nd, 2007, 1:32 am

I have spoken with the WinCustomize staff and they have everything set to go. All that is needed is a show of interest from skinners to upload to WC.

A post has been created within their forums for this purpose. They need skinners to show that at least 10 skins can be added to the library within a reasonable amount of time of it being opened. You can see and respond to the post here...

Getting Xion added to WC

Even if you have some personal thing against WC (for whatever reason) there just is no denying the exposure WC can provide. It is without any doubt the largest skin site on the net (rivaling maybe devianArt but their focus is much more then just skins).

So please, respond to the post and help skinners there and around the net, people who love the program and use it and help promote the program itself by doing so.
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 3rd, 2007, 12:05 pm

SK Originals Wrote:I have spoken with the WinCustomize staff and they have everything set to go. All that is needed is a show of interest from skinners to upload to WC.

A post has been created within their forums for this purpose. They need skinners to show that at least 10 skins can be added to the library within a reasonable amount of time of it being opened. You can see and respond to the post here...

Getting Xion added to WC

Even if you have some personal thing against WC (for whatever reason) there just is no denying the exposure WC can provide. It is without any doubt the largest skin site on the net (rivaling maybe devianArt but their focus is much more then just skins).

So please, respond to the post and help skinners there and around the net, people who love the program and use it and help promote the program itself by doing so.

Ahh seems to be at around 10 now. Hey Slob and Kev-O, why didn't you send them any of your skins? I don't think they need new skins. To completely overwhelm them, why doesn't everyone that reads this post, post up a couple of your skin screenshots on their site forum to show support? I don't mind if you want to hot link to the previews I made in the skins page either, until they give you the ability to upload your own images? :)

We have 135 skins hosted here on the Xion site, why not show them that they will be able to list more than a measly 10? ;)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby KEV-O » June 3rd, 2007, 1:53 pm

will-do!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » June 3rd, 2007, 11:06 pm

sure, ive already got a wincustom account, altho i dont tend to spread all of the stuff i do over the net, cba to create a zillion accounts to upload stuff to everywhere, if they want it they will come to the source heh ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » June 4th, 2007, 5:56 am

why don´t they just add Xion and look what happens?

I think it´is -no question- good to see Xion there too, but I think no risk- no fun
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby djinn2 » June 5th, 2007, 11:51 pm

The Xion section is there, but no skins yet :?
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby I.R. Brainiac » June 6th, 2007, 12:37 am

Its up and running...I posted the first skin a few minutes ago...

You are a skinnable god Cliff...I uploaded here too.(and at Maxstyles.com) :)
Maxstyles.com
I.R. Brainiac
Xion Supporter

Postby Zoomba » June 6th, 2007, 1:39 am

Good Morning!

Just to start off, I'm Mike (Zoomba), the administrator of WinCustomize.com, so I'm the guy responsible for putting up the Xion gallery at the site.

We added the gallery because popular demand amongst many of our prominent skinners was pretty high. And after looking through the site here, loading up the player myself and trying out a few skins, I could see why. It's exactly the sort of thing we love over at WinCustomize. Functional, easy to skin, and tons of great examples of high-quality work to inspire others.

As to why we didn't just launch the gallery, and instead sought proof that it was something the community was interested in... well, we've launched galleries in the past that resulted in 2 or 3 uploads. I just wanted to make sure that there was in fact demand there for it. 10 skins ready-to-go both shows me there is suffecient interest, and it helps generate more interest quicker in the community. If you see an application that has just one skin, versus one that has several dozen, which do you assume is more popular? Which are you more likely to come back to later? Things that look more popular, become more popular, it's a weird effect.

Now that the library is up and running, I would like to encourage every skinner here to upload their Xion skins to the library at WinCustomize. In the end, you have nothing to lose, as we don't prevent you from also uploading here, or at any other skinning site. As I see it, the more places a skin is, the more people it potentially reaches. And the more sites promoting Xion and its skins, the more popular the application becomes. A win-win for everyone in the end.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the great skins that you folks dream up and send over to us at WinCustomize. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the site, don't hesitate to drop me a line (mikec AT stardock DOT com).

Cheers,
-Z
Zoomba
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 7th, 2007, 7:23 am

Zoomba Wrote:Good Morning!

Just to start off, I'm Mike (Zoomba), the administrator of WinCustomize.com, so I'm the guy responsible for putting up the Xion gallery at the site.

We added the gallery because popular demand amongst many of our prominent skinners was pretty high. And after looking through the site here, loading up the player myself and trying out a few skins, I could see why. It's exactly the sort of thing we love over at WinCustomize. Functional, easy to skin, and tons of great examples of high-quality work to inspire others.

As to why we didn't just launch the gallery, and instead sought proof that it was something the community was interested in... well, we've launched galleries in the past that resulted in 2 or 3 uploads. I just wanted to make sure that there was in fact demand there for it. 10 skins ready-to-go both shows me there is suffecient interest, and it helps generate more interest quicker in the community. If you see an application that has just one skin, versus one that has several dozen, which do you assume is more popular? Which are you more likely to come back to later? Things that look more popular, become more popular, it's a weird effect.

Now that the library is up and running, I would like to encourage every skinner here to upload their Xion skins to the library at WinCustomize. In the end, you have nothing to lose, as we don't prevent you from also uploading here, or at any other skinning site. As I see it, the more places a skin is, the more people it potentially reaches. And the more sites promoting Xion and its skins, the more popular the application becomes. A win-win for everyone in the end.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the great skins that you folks dream up and send over to us at WinCustomize. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the site, don't hesitate to drop me a line (mikec AT stardock DOT com).

Cheers,
-Z

Hi Mike!

Thanks for setting up the Xion section over at WinCustomize. I'm sure that while most of the users here probably already have accounts over there, they will now be stoked to find that WinCustomize supports Xion!

I in no way restrict anyone to only send their skins here, however I always like to see the new skins people have created and would hope that they might post their skins to both WinCustomize as well as here.

So go ahead Xion users, post away and get your skins seen by 2 million eyes! (as long as they're not pirates with patches! ;))

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » June 8th, 2007, 9:12 am

skryingbreath Wrote:I have mixed feelings toward that site,.

me too...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Next

Return to General Xion Discussion