Xion Audio Player

skins applying

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby summer » June 15th, 2007, 2:52 am

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for you guys writting such a nice appliation with many skins available. I installed one edition for U3 immediately and hope it will bring me a lot of fun while I travelling to different cities in the world.

But there is a problem confuses me. I found no where to put those skin files into effect and no instructions which could tutor me to do so. They are all xsf files not add-ons.

If anybody here who could tip me a liitle on how to apply those xsf files, I will be very grateful.

Summer
summer
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 15th, 2007, 3:45 am

click on xsf file, Xion will prompt you to install, cant get any easier
other than that they go in interfaces folder to wherever you installed
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby summer » June 15th, 2007, 3:52 am

If it were as easy as that, I wouldn't get that problem, Isn't it?

I tried severy ways after I downloaded skin files, including the "double-click" one you mentioned :oops: , but all of them were just of no use.

Is that because of the version I use? What I use is for U3, which means the installer won't add anything to your Registry.

Summer
summer
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 15th, 2007, 4:00 am

ah yea heh
i dont use U3, have you tried putting the skins on the usb device inside the interfaces folder?
i havent looked at the u3 install folders but if it has an interface folder bosh then skins in ther, if not then im sure Cliff will be along shortly to answer your question
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby summer » June 15th, 2007, 4:09 am

Thanks for your reply, SLoB.

I noticed that interface folder on my U3 drive. I tried to copy skin files directly to the folder as well as the add-ins folder, but no effect either..... :cry:

I will be back shortly to continue to watch on this thread.

Thanks!
summer
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 15th, 2007, 4:16 am

nps
oh you could also try opening the settings.dat file in notepad, see where the shimmer interface is picking up the default skin, should be able to use that folder for your skins, if that doesnt work then will have to wait for Cliff

not sure many tested the U3 install tbh when it was being done
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 15th, 2007, 7:04 am

summer Wrote:Thanks for your reply, SLoB.

I noticed that interface folder on my U3 drive. I tried to copy skin files directly to the folder as well as the add-ins folder, but no effect either..... :cry:

I will be back shortly to continue to watch on this thread.

Thanks!

Hi Summer,

Another user has recently reported this as well! I have created a fix for the next version. Please use the Contact page on this website to let me know which email address you have registered with, or if you are using the shareware version, and I can send you a test version.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby summer » June 15th, 2007, 10:16 am

Hi Cliff,

Thanks so much for your quick response. As you talkek of, I have sent you the message providing my email address by "Contact Us". I am glad that I can be a memeber who is able to preview and experience the "future" U3 edition of Xion. :)

BTW, my current version of Xion is Xion Portable Version 1.0 (Build 82).

Waiting for a wonderful portable Xion!

Thanks and regards,

Summer
summer
Xion Supporter

Postby summer » June 15th, 2007, 10:25 am

SLoB Wrote:nps
oh you could also try opening the settings.dat file in notepad, see where the shimmer interface is picking up the default skin, should be able to use that folder for your skins,

not sure many tested the U3 install tbh when it was being done

:-) Thanks again for your tips. The problem is the Xion application uses psd files as their skins. It can't recognize the xsf format. :oops:

Yeah, U3 is a very good idea and standard. It does bring me a lot of happy experience. I hope it has a prospective future.

Summer
summer
Xion Supporter

Postby warreni » August 15th, 2007, 12:16 am

Hi all. I just got my U3 Xion and I think I have a solution for this problem. Here's what you do:

1) In your Windows Explorer (XP, I don't use Vista, so I don't know about that . . .) go to the menu "Tools" and select item "Folder Options." In the "View" tab, make sure that "View hidden files and folders" is checked. If not, check it now and hit the "Apply" button.

2) Now when you open your U3 drive in Explorer, you should see a folder labelled "System." Please note that this folder is to be found in the drive letter that you can rename, not the one labelled "U3 System." This "System" folder will contain a subfolder called "Apps." In this folder are several folders labelled with codes that are actually the folders where your U3-smart applications are installed. Find the one for Xion (it will have two subfolders, "Data" and "Exec").

3) In the "Exec" folder there is a subfolder called "Interfaces." Download any "xsf" archives from the site that you wish to use with your player and copy them into this directory.

4) Right-click on your Xion player to bring up the context menu. Select the menu item called "Choose skin." Press the "View All Skins" button in the dialog box that pops up. All of your installed skins should now be visible and selectable.

I hope someone finds this useful.

:)
warreni
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 15th, 2007, 10:02 am

warreni Wrote:[size=16] Hi all. I just got my U3 Xion and I think I have a solution for this problem. Here's what you do

Hi warreni,

This is a possible temporary work around. I have made a fix for the next release version which will ask you to install any skins that you drag and drop onto the U3 version's interface. This will ensure you don't have to do the above method for the next version :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion