Xion Audio Player

Next Xion build

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby Mudslung » June 29th, 2007, 8:27 am

Photoshop SDK request submitted!

An e-mail will be sent within 4 business days, and if your request is approved, will include instructions for accessing the SDK. Thank you for your patience

Just got done submitting a request for the CS3 SDK Cliff. I HAVE the CS2 SDK if you would like it? As soon as I receive an e-mail from them I will post here!
© MUDSLUNG STUDIOS
If u have a name like "MUDSLUNG".......
You, might be a REDNECK!
Mudslung
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 29th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Mudslung Wrote:Photoshop SDK request submitted!

An e-mail will be sent within 4 business days, and if your request is approved, will include instructions for accessing the SDK. Thank you for your patience

Just got done submitting a request for the CS3 SDK Cliff. I HAVE the CS2 SDK if you would like it? As soon as I receive an e-mail from them I will post here!

Ah, seems they now release it for free, but you have to register. There are two version apparently though.

"The basic comes with everything but the File Format and File Import/Export information, for which I guess there is extra (but still free) paperwork."

Did you get the Advanced or the Basic?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Mudslung » June 30th, 2007, 1:32 am

Haven't herd back from them on the CS3 yet, and I'm not sure if what I have for CS2 is "Basic" or "Advanced". I tryed sending it through the Contact menu, but it sat there sending for almost an hour, and its only a 8MB file. I have High speed Cable service and I know it doesn't take that long to send 8MB! Let me know of an Alternative channel by which I can send this? If this isnt of any help to you I can look for something more "specific".

Hay SLoB, how 'bout the name HALO?... :shock:
© MUDSLUNG STUDIOS
You, might be a REDNECK!
Mudslung
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » June 30th, 2007, 3:24 am

Halo is ok i spose for consoling ;) consoling what tho is the question ;)

Mudslung, does your isp not provide webspace for hosting files?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Mudslung » June 30th, 2007, 5:37 am

I'm not sure about the "ISP" thing, I have never needed to do that for any reason, but I will look into it. I'm sure I have that option. Is there any reason why u asked about that? I'm assuming so that I can transfer files easily! And share my (Beautiful) work here....LMAO (yeah right!) :D

I went to my ISP and set up a "FILE STORAGE" account. It seems like I can only send files from there, I don't see anywhere that allows for people to download from this "storage" area. Never messed with this kind of shit, so it's all pretty goofy to me! :shock:

Ignore the previous paragraph, I jumped the gun again, (as usual)!
Last edited by Mudslung on June 30th, 2007, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
© MUDSLUNG STUDIOS
You, might be a REDNECK!
Mudslung
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » June 30th, 2007, 6:15 pm

got "CS3 premium" today, Photoshop is "extended"...

is that what you are looking for, Cliff? What do you need?
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby ForceField » July 4th, 2007, 8:41 pm

My three wishes:

1-I really like Xion to Have a 'Track Number' Field.Just like the track but only for the number.It will be pretty cool.

2-Why not put into Xion a Clock Field.

3-And an auto shutdown feature for the PC so when we sleep hearing the music,it will shut down the PC after a small amount of time.
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » July 4th, 2007, 10:22 pm

I dont think 3 should be on any media player app imo

can have security issues or unwanted behaviour, for example if working on some files and u install a skin that shutsdown the pc
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby eugene2k » July 4th, 2007, 11:17 pm

3-And an auto shutdown feature for the PC so when we sleep hearing the music,it will shut down the PC after a small amount of time.

And make it cook dinner too, please! :D

You can use a third-party app to do that kind of thing. Google for it if you need one.
eugene2k
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » July 5th, 2007, 12:34 am

we dont need one, we added one in mspp and there is a sample skin i was almost tempted to post the url of lol
basically you press the main button and it will shutdown your pc ;)
thats exactly why that sort of functionality should not be added

as for make it cook dinner, now theres a thought ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ForceField » July 6th, 2007, 4:19 am

eugene2k Wrote:

And make it cook dinner too, please! :D

You can use a third-party app to do that kind of thing. Google for it if you need one.

This Feature is already included in jetAudio
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby eugene2k » July 6th, 2007, 4:38 am

IMHO jetAudio is too bulky. One of the reasons I switched from it was the high quantity (too much stuff you don't really need) and the low quality (it didn't handle videos too well and crashed during playback a little too frequently for a mature player). I wouldn't put it up as an example of a good audio player.

In any case, when Cliff releases the SDK, anyone with a little knowledge of C++ and winapi can make a component to do just that - it really isn't too hard. Btw, if you're a little familiar with batch scripting - have a look at the AT command - it does exactly what you need.
eugene2k
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » July 6th, 2007, 4:50 am

checkout mspp, it has loads of stuff like that, there are also a few mspp ready skins

although that sort of stuff is usually considered in breach of security for the main player

it should be user configurable imo, not everyone wants things like that bundled with their fave media player
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 6th, 2007, 7:03 am

ForceField Wrote:3-And an auto shutdown feature for the PC so when we sleep hearing the music,it will shut down the PC after a small amount of time.

This was actually going to be one of the components that I release myself.

I've always wanted my PC to shutdown, or to completely mute all of the sounds on my PC after it had played for a certain time, or had played the playlist, etc.

That way I could set it up to put me to sleep ;)

SLoB Wrote:although that sort of stuff is usually considered in breach of security for the main player

it should be user configurable imo, not everyone wants things like that bundled with their fave media player

Breach of security? How do you mean SLoB? This would of course be added as a component that a user who was interested in using it, could use. It wouldn't be part of a skin to shutdown your computer when you closed the skin...

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » July 6th, 2007, 7:14 am

y thats fair enough Cliff
just wouldnt want that in a skin tbh, thats what the OS is for, for going into hibernate/sleep/shutdown mode etc..
all im saying is that it would be damn annoying to have a feature such as that which was either exploited or accidently pressed by means of an action button or something that shuts down the pc

i cant find the url atm but we had one such example skin which used mspp (the sc addon pack) and the skin was a simple button, you could move it around etc and it also played tracks, but if u let go of the button it would shut down the pc, fair enough if it was in the configuration side of things but not to implement into skins
SLoB
Xion Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to General Xion Discussion