Xion Audio Player

Next Xion build

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 6th, 2007, 12:40 pm

SLoB Wrote:y thats fair enough Cliff
just wouldnt want that in a skin tbh, thats what the OS is for, for going into hibernate/sleep/shutdown mode etc..
all im saying is that it would be damn annoying to have a feature such as that which was either exploited or accidently pressed by means of an action button or something that shuts down the pc

i cant find the url atm but we had one such example skin which used mspp (the sc addon pack) and the skin was a simple button, you could move it around etc and it also played tracks, but if u let go of the button it would shut down the pc, fair enough if it was in the configuration side of things but not to implement into skins

If you re-read Forefield's request, you'll see it was an Autoshutdown feature, not a button or anything to do with skins :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ForceField » July 6th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Yes,this is what I was meaning.Just a feature that will be added in the configuration window or as a component.

My little sister always plays music on the PC when she is at home and forget to shut it down before going out.The PC sometimes stays hours playing alone in an empty house.

A third party application is not bad,but why using two applications when we can only use one and we can also forget to open the third party application with Xion.

This feature can be very handy sometimes.
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby I.R. Brainiac » July 6th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Only thing I would like to see added at this time would be the EQ bands in the skin.Switchable or non.

When I used to make WMP skins I would have 3 windows in the skin...progress area,vis and EQ all occupied the same space.A button switched between which one showed. :D
Maxstyles.com
I.R. Brainiac
Xion Supporter

Postby ForceField » July 6th, 2007, 5:00 pm

I.R. Brainiac Wrote:Only thing I would like to see added at this time would be the EQ bands in the skin.Switchable or non.

When I used to make WMP skins I would have 3 windows in the skin...progress area,vis and EQ all occupied the same space.A button switched between which one showed. :D

This will be very cool especially for the visual window.This way we can put a vis layer wich will cover all the screen area switching it on and off(with all the other layers in the screen still visible).
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby Halonut1 » July 6th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Last.FM/Audioscrobbler support.
Skinnable EQ, Visualizer window and playlist.
And thats about it to me.
Yo...
you can find all my skins primarily on my DeviantART account.
http://halonut1.deviantart.com/
Halonut1
Xion Admirer

Postby REDstyler » July 15th, 2007, 8:00 pm

- Along with a skinnable and more advanced library and playlist, I'd like it if you could have them attach themselves to the main window, according to a layer called 'library_snap', for example. In this invisible layer, one would simply draw a non-anti-aliased line to show where the library or playlist should snap in. The layer name would also have the name of the side of the skin to snap to. For example, 'library_snap sd(right)', would snap the library to the right hand side of the main window, at the point of the line. Sounds good to me, so if you're confused, tell me and I will send in an animation to make it easily understandible.

- I would like it if the Equalizer acted in the same fashion as above, as well as it being more powerful and feature filled. Similar to that of Winamp's EQ.

- A scripting engine (optional for the skinner) that processes commands according to buttons pressed. If I make a buton layer, maybe called 'button_fade', I would like to be able to write a script (maybe in XML) that toggles alpha blending of the main window (or any for that fact).
Michael Rockett
http://www.inniosoft.co.cc/devstation
rock0.deviantart.com
mikerockett.wincustomize.com
[email protected]
REDstyler
Xion Supporter

Previous

Return to General Xion Discussion