Xion Audio Player

1st skin made today while bored

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby avok » August 29th, 2007, 9:50 am

ok made this today to kinda test out some somple stuff let me know what u guys think "please be kind" haha never mad a skin for any app so thought id try with this.
the progress bar is the entire skin so im messing with colors still going to make a few versions of this with diffrent colors ect. that is if everyone wants lol.

this is a pic of it halfway through a song

so there ya have it lol first try.
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 29th, 2007, 7:16 pm

be wary of putting in a progress bar the whole skin as there would be no draggable skin area due to progress being changed within the skin area, unless you have made an area specifically for dragging the skin around, in which case the progress won't be the whole area of the skin?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby avok » August 29th, 2007, 11:15 pm

well i changed the control icons and added a text display to know what your clicking on. it it a over function so its easy to know what each one does. i changed the progress bar. it still has the "whole skin" effect i just made it so only the "glowing" lines cahnges so in sense the progress bar is the bottom and top edges. working on adding a close and PL buttons ect now. any input will be greatly taken.

here an "updated pic"
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 29th, 2007, 11:50 pm

erm its quite big ;)
perhaps scale to 50-75%?

also might be cool to do all 4 corners, this is sort of a corner skin, so would be cool to switch it round to fit all 4 corners, (just an idea ;) )

search the forum on text as buttons, if you dont put in a dummy solid transparent background then its possible to not select the button if in the holes of the texts
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby avok » August 30th, 2007, 3:28 am

lol "i got a widescreen so its not very big for me but i do plan to bring it to a smaller scale when finished for others. i also do plan to make it for all 4 corners ounce i get the "base" skin done. also this skin seems to only be nice for darker backgrounds so i plan to make a "light" version also. and maybe a set of diffrent colors.

What did you mean by text as buttons?
the text as i have it set now is only a move over effect to show the user what eash lil design does. the circle you see in the pic thats yellow is blue but turns and shows the text showing what it is. my gf wanted a skin that was kinda weir which is why i went this way haha but first thing she asked on first draft was what is what? lol so i added a text mouse over display. i did fix the progress bar so now you can move the "main" from anywhere that is "not glowing" and the top corner is set for a move point as my safe point. also "noob question" i want to make the xion button a link. im using photoshop cs3 anyone have a pointer on that? wanted to link it back to the site.
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 30th, 2007, 7:57 am

does'nt support links (yet) that's probably a low priority thing if indeed it gets added in at all

if you use just text as a button for example then the user can click within any gaps in the font and it will not select, the workaround is to create a layer behind the text, fill it with white, then reduce the opacity to 1 or even zero supposedly works, then merge that with the text layer, then the whole section is clickable
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » August 30th, 2007, 8:38 pm

zero works only with stand-alone hot spot layers.

when you want to merge you have to take minimum 1% otherwise photoshop won´t add the zero-pixels.

additional info. when I do that (1% merge) I color the area 50% grey instead of white or black, then it is on dark as well as on bright backgrounds (almost) invisible...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs