Xion Audio Player

Having a few problems

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby rockgirl360 » January 9th, 2008, 6:52 am

I have been working with xion and need a little help. I can't get the mouse over buttons to work. When I make a play status bar with the little slider bit the bar and bit go way off of the skin and I can't get the song title or any of that to show up. I also think I have changed something I shouldn't have because I can't get the player to close when I am done. Usually I just left-click and the option pops up but now just stop controls appear. Could anyone help me with one or more of these problems they are really frustrating :x
***Amor Omnia Vincit***
rockgirl360
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

rockgirl360 Wrote:I have been working with xion and need a little help. I can't get the mouse over buttons to work. When I make a play status bar with the little slider bit the bar and bit go way off of the skin and I can't get the song title or any of that to show up. I also think I have changed something I shouldn't have because I can't get the player to close when I am done. Usually I just left-click and the option pops up but now just stop controls appear. Could anyone help me with one or more of these problems they are really frustrating :x

Hi rockgirl360,

Most likely you are either experiencing a problem with the names of the layers, or the order of them.

For the _over layers to show, ensure that you have them above the _normal layer, and the _normal layer above the _down layer. You can omit any of these layers except for the _normal layer.

For example, in the layer list it will look like:

play_over
play_normal
play_down

That will create a play button with _over and _down states. The only reason for the stop menu popping up is that you're right clicking (or left if you've reversed the buttons) on a stop button.

Feel free to either link your work in progress here, zipped up, or send it to me using the contact link at the top of this page and I will take a look to see where you are going wrong.

Are you using Photoshop to create the PSD? If so, which version are you using?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xSmokechecKx » January 9th, 2008, 8:55 am

Whats up rockgirl? I had a problem like this before.... and it was all because i had a "glass" layer above all of my buttons and sliders. All i had to do was include the passthrough command in the layer name.... and then my cursor could see all of the buttons and such. Also... make sure that all of the layers that you want to appear on the player are visible. As for the track name..... make sure it is not the same color as the background.... and that your font size is big enough to see. Try these... and if you still have problems, i'd be glad to help. :P

Very respectfully....
Smoke
"The power of the mind is a treasure... use it how you see fit"
xSmokechecKx
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion