Xion Audio Player

self contained xion

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby xonenine » March 1st, 2008, 1:15 pm

Well, at the risk of exposing my naivity, I was wondering, If I power my flash drive/card reader, conect it to a display, it sounds as if I could run xion without another car computer install. Is it just my wishful thinking that self contained means it needs nothing to run but a powered drive(etc)? i plan on installing a new car computer with both sonique :oops: and Xion installed as well as Mame and Mugen. But it will be fun exploring new options.
thanks,
xonenine.

P.S. I ran across my Sonique plugin SQVideo, it is extremely small, and I.m guessing that you're staying away from it because you have something more versatile up your sleeve. Or are you against AVI capabilities? (No Koda Kumi Videos?)hehe,
xonenine
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » March 1st, 2008, 9:37 pm

afaik video is not a priority, personally i think it should go nowhere near video, the market is already saturated with video players and mp3 players
keep Xion video free imo ;)
u will need an os on wotever system in order to use it but the smart drive version afaik can run off the stick - not tried that version
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » March 2nd, 2008, 12:00 am

Hiyas SLoB,
yes, thats what I'd like to try next a smart drive setup linked to a touchscreen, and suround sound. But thats for home exoperimenting.

Ill stick to the pc for the car, for the xbox and mugen and mame and mp3 players. You can also connect to the cars odbe or whatever, and get a live readout. The point is, Xion will be hands down the choice for audio player in this system.

Im stripping the pc down now, i'm going to expose it and flatten it out, like a dissection, and box it in acrylic. Well I know that doesnt belong here, but again, xion has renewed my interest in my new car pc also.

talk to ya,
xonenine :D
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby UnseenRage » March 2nd, 2008, 2:30 am

I thought Sonique died a slow death, is it still out there? :shock:
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » March 2nd, 2008, 4:25 am

yes its dead, but I've managed to save the software, skinmaker, documentation, SQvideo plugin, and about 100 vis(s). What I dont have and would like is a dfx plugin for it...

xonenine
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to General Xion Discussion