Xion Audio Player

Sonique Visual Effects & Scaling

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby DigitalGnome » April 8th, 2008, 9:44 pm

The thing I really miss with all skins is how visual effects are often not part of the skin design. When Sonique was around many aeons ago, all shapes and sizes of windows would form the frames for the visual effects. It was easier to design for but nothing as cool as Xion so that inclusion would be really cool.

The thing I miss from Winamp though is the windows settings. When you work in different resolutions or on different systems, the skins are way too big. Other skins I enjoyed even having a little smaller just to neaten up the space.

Well, there it is. Xion is still hectic cool just wish more of the NET knew about it.
DigitalGnome
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 2nd, 2008, 6:28 pm

DigitalGnome Wrote:The thing I really miss with all skins is how visual effects are often not part of the skin design. When Sonique was around many aeons ago, all shapes and sizes of windows would form the frames for the visual effects. It was easier to design for but nothing as cool as Xion so that inclusion would be really cool.

The thing I miss from Winamp though is the windows settings. When you work in different resolutions or on different systems, the skins are way too big. Other skins I enjoyed even having a little smaller just to neaten up the space.

Well, there it is. Xion is still hectic cool just wish more of the NET knew about it.

Not sure why I missed this one...

The first one is already doable. Skinners just need to add a visualization layer wherever and it will have the same effect as Sonique did.

As for the second one, as of build 101, you can now scale windows ;)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Feature Requests