Xion Audio Player

Can't install downloaded skins from this site.

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby eutegosto » April 11th, 2008, 6:32 am

Hi, new guy here. I came across Xion on the WinCustomize site and decided to give it a run. I am using the most recent version on WindowsXP Pro. I have no trouble with the Xion skins that I download from WinCustomize as they are automatically installed. However, the skins from this site are not working.

What I am getting here are Zip/WinRAR folders containing PSD files. I can open the PSD files using notepad but all I see are lines of code. If I drag the PSD file into the Xion player it will install the new skin but that skin only lasts as long as the program is open. How do I convert these PSD files into the XSF ones so they will permanently remain in the skin collection? Do I just reame the files changing the ending or is it something different?

Right now they are all in the Skin Folder within the Xion Folder. I notice another folder called Interfaces that also has working skins. Should I be downloading/extracting the Zip/WinRAR into both folders or is the problem elsewhere? I really like this music player so I hope to get it set up correctly. Thanks.
eutegosto
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » April 11th, 2008, 6:37 am

welcome to the Xion forum eutegosto :)

xsf files are zip files
u can put all the psds into the interface folder or you can put them in a zip file and rename to xsf
looks as if all you need to do is rename the zip/rar to xsf and click on it to self install

either way they go into the interfaces folder
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » April 11th, 2008, 6:38 am

You need to change the file extension of the .zip to .xsf. That will then prompt you to properly install it :)

EDIT: Damn it lol. Should have known Slob would beat me to it :shock:

Peace, Lance
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 11th, 2008, 6:54 am

heheh ;) part of me job innit ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby eutegosto » April 11th, 2008, 9:14 am

Master, it's alive!!!!!

Mission Control, we have lift off.

Read my lips, no new taxes.

OK, the last one turned out to be a lie but you all get the point. I am now enjoying "Alexandra" by Aventura with the super fine looking iamjoesmediaplayer "brain" skin. All is well and I have a new toy to play with. Thanks to the very fast replies and the fact that no one called me a stupid newbie and told me to leave for AOL. You guys/gals are great. 8)
eutegosto
Xion Supporter

Postby UnseenRage » April 11th, 2008, 9:36 am

Welcome to Xion!
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion