Xion Audio Player

File associating

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby logokas » June 3rd, 2008, 8:03 am

When associating files with Xion using the configurator, i found it to be extremely tedious to do all of those one by one. Thus, how about two new buttons in that tab?

Associate All
Associate None

Also, when adding file associations, it only changes the program the file opens with. What i mean by that, is this:

Is it possible to also change the file description along with the associated program? I'm kind of annoyed seeing Winamp icons on some files, and Windows Media Player on some playlist files.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » June 3rd, 2008, 8:05 am

you might need to rebuild your icons via xp?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 3rd, 2008, 1:08 pm

logokas Wrote:When associating files with Xion using the configurator, i found it to be extremely tedious to do all of those one by one. Thus, how about two new buttons in that tab?

Associate All
Associate None

Ah yup, good suggestions, I'll do that.

logokas Wrote:Also, when adding file associations, it only changes the program the file opens with. What i mean by that, is this:

Is it possible to also change the file description along with the associated program? I'm kind of annoyed seeing Winamp icons on some files, and Windows Media Player on some playlist files.

Hmm it should be changing both. It definitely does for me, including the description and icon. Which version of Windows are you using? If its Vista, perhaps they've changed the way the registration process works :(

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » June 4th, 2008, 2:43 am

Ew, Vista. I'm not going near that thing until Service Pack 3 or 4. Or perhaps skip it altogether.

Using WinXP Pro SP3, Genuine.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Feature Requests