Xion Audio Player

another animation problem

Tips, Tricks and Techniques for creating amazing Xion skins

Postby Greebo13 » July 14th, 2008, 2:11 am

Hi all, I'm trying to do a skin with a sliding display screen animation, I've already gotten the animation sorted but the problem I have now is that I want the display screen to show title and time layers when closed, but track, artist, time, progress bar etc when opened. Does anyone know how I can tie these layers into the animation so that frame 1 of the animation has the 2 layers I want displayed and the last frame has all the information?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
Greebo13
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » July 14th, 2008, 2:28 am

sounds like the kind of issues I encountered learning to build xtend - feel free to look at how I hid/showed the layers and cant wait to see yours. Have fun, xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby ALAS » July 14th, 2008, 3:10 am

Greebo13 Wrote:Hi all, I'm trying to do a skin with a sliding display screen animation, I've already gotten the animation sorted but the problem I have now is that I want the display screen to show title and time layers when closed, but track, artist, time, progress bar etc when opened. Does anyone know how I can tie these layers into the animation so that frame 1 of the animation has the 2 layers I want displayed and the last frame has all the information?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you

just add some action_layer_show or -hide command at the appropriate frame of your animation.

e.g. modify(xy) aclashow
the layer to be shown has to be named id(xy) ...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » July 14th, 2008, 4:35 am

yep ALAS has it right, on the end of the animation layer you have bosh in the acla hide/show commands to hide/show your respective layers, give those layers the right ids and voila
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Greebo13 » July 14th, 2008, 9:04 am

Cheers for that guys, I've got it as good as I think I'm going to get it. There's still a slight problem with the skin when it's first opened but that vanishes once the animation is played for the first time...I'd appreciate any advice on solving this problem (but it's a minor one I can live with). The skin is for my little brother's waterpolo team in Ireland, and they all thank you guys for your help as well :D
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
Greebo13
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » July 14th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Greebo13 Wrote:Cheers for that guys, I've got it as good as I think I'm going to get it. There's still a slight problem with the skin when it's first opened but that vanishes once the animation is played for the first time...I'd appreciate any advice on solving this problem (but it's a minor one I can live with). The skin is for my little brother's waterpolo team in Ireland, and they all thank you guys for your help as well :D

.. it sounds like you should put a "paused" to the layer set. Then it starts playing only after some trigger command...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » July 14th, 2008, 6:32 pm

either that or a dummy 1st layer with a stop, paused doesnt hit the spot 1st time and the 1st layer will play
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Tips, Tricks and Techniques