Xion Audio Player

Cd Art Display (cad) and Xion =<3 ?

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby the_man550 » June 26th, 2008, 5:14 am

Hi

I've used xion for about a year and a half now and I love it, just to make that clear =)

The thing is that I've also used/wanted to use a small program called Cd Art Display for about as long...Just love the look of it and the lyrics function and so on.

I guess it shouldn't be that hard to make them work together, I've already asked the developer at CloseToSoftware <-makes cad!> if he could contact you. Would be nice and appreciated.

Thank you and GBye =)

Link to CAD: www.cdartdisplay.com
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 26th, 2008, 6:04 pm

Looks interesting, I'll see what happens.

I was actually thinking of support the album art natively, but this may also be an option.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » June 28th, 2008, 6:51 am

this was asked here before, I think.

I support that idea much! :-)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby pix » June 29th, 2008, 8:22 am

I was actually thinking of support the album art natively, but this may also be an option.

What do you mean by support natively ? Does it mean that future skins could have a specified area for displaying album art ? This option could be interesting for skinner.
pix
Xion Supporter

Postby the_man550 » June 29th, 2008, 9:55 am

Nice to hear that you support my idea.

You have to do this quickly, I'm currently having huge difficulties to decide if I should use CAD and WMP or just xion :roll:
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » June 30th, 2008, 3:37 am

the_man550 Wrote:Nice to hear that you support my idea.

You have to do this quickly, I'm currently having huge difficulties to decide if I should use CAD and WMP or just xion :roll:

no problem! just use Xion and wait...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 30th, 2008, 6:19 pm

pix Wrote:What do you mean by support natively ? Does it mean that future skins could have a specified area for displaying album art ? This option could be interesting for skinner.

Exactly! A skinner will be able to have a section for album art within their skin, if they choose :)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby the_man550 » August 2nd, 2008, 7:27 am

Well, how's it going? I really want this :O

Can't be that difficult? If you can manage to get the signal out to my Logitech G15 you should be able to get it to CAD, according to my enormous knowledge about programming :lol:
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby theGrindLab » August 13th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Just found this site/software and it's very impressive! We should all donate to the development, for sure. I don't know much about the architecture yet but could the album art feature possibly be incorporated from the plugin side instead of making it skin specific?
Alliance is validated only through sacrifice.
theGrindLab
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 13th, 2008, 11:34 pm

theGrindLab Wrote:Just found this site/software and it's very impressive! We should all donate to the development, for sure. I don't know much about the architecture yet but could the album art feature possibly be incorporated from the plugin side instead of making it skin specific?

Well, the underlying code will be either supported by a plugin or by the Xion core (more likely). What I was saying about the skinner's having the ability to show album art, just means that they can create skins that feature it embedded in their skin. The plugin/core could still show a 'toaster' style window with the art.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby theGrindLab » August 13th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Perfect. I was planning on using Silverjuke for our upcoming releases but I prefer Xion once the album art feature is added.

Thanks for the reply.
Alliance is validated only through sacrifice.
theGrindLab
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » August 14th, 2008, 3:22 am

This topic brings to mind some questions about what to do if no album art is found for a song...

I think Xion should hide the album art layer, so that the skinner could have some design behind it to fill up the otherwise blank space. I think it might also be a good idea to have the option to display a default "No Album Art Found" image appear in its place.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby SLoB » August 14th, 2008, 3:46 am

simple, follow winamp, but make the ability to get album art better ;)

ie no album art, show user defined image (if no user defined image then a default) + option to download and embed album art

also would like to see size being able to be set with a rectangle/square or even shape, then other styling layers could be placed on top of the art such as glass, borders etc...
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Feature Requests