Xion Audio Player

Won't load PSD file

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby [ uberdiablo ] » August 20th, 2008, 5:02 pm

I've been going through the current threads to see if this hasn't happened to someone already, but if people would just name the subject lines correctly… [ Sigh ]

I have the latest Xion build and for some reason it won't load my PSD file for the skin. I've tried removing group files, merged everything that isn't a control etc.

This is weird. I even flattened the damn PSD just to test it, and it loaded. So obviously there's something I'm missing…

Anyone had this trouble before?
[ uberdiablo ]
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 20th, 2008, 6:54 pm

yea long time ago with earlier betas

something funny going on with the psd, perhaps transparency on the preview image? if you have one, I know that didn't like transparency some time ago

other than that you will need to post your psd up so it can be tested
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby [ uberdiablo ] » August 20th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Would you believe that expanding my canvas size fixed the problem? No? I don't either, but it did. :lol:
[ uberdiablo ]
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 20th, 2008, 11:06 pm

hmm were layer parts bleeding out into the void on it then? ie not cropped to the canvas bounds
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby [ uberdiablo ] » August 21st, 2008, 8:11 am

:oops: Ok, that was clearly not the way to fix up the error. Feel like an idiot. Had a friend look at my PSD file to see what I perhaps missed.

Here's s tip to anyone willing to listen… Merge your layer styles and masks. Xion doesn't like them.
[ uberdiablo ]
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 21st, 2008, 8:20 am

i've had no issues with leaving layers like that, Xion just shows the vanilla layer without any effects
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby [ uberdiablo ] » August 21st, 2008, 3:12 pm

Well as soon as I merged everything "fancy", it was loading 100% fine. I had a crap load of masks at one stage, so maybe it was that and not just the layer styles. At least it's working now. :P
[ uberdiablo ]
Xion Supporter

Postby Darkharmony » July 28th, 2009, 6:16 am

I actually wanted to post a followup to this. Merging isn't the only way to fix certain problems like this. You can actually make layers in to smart objects and it will preserve your layer styles, masks etc for further edit in the future. I've resorted to doing this and it works flawless. Plus you can reuse the same elements such as the back and forward buttons just by copying the smart object and mirroring them if it fits your design. You can even reuse your slider bars, volume meters etc. And if you want to change something you edit 1 smart object and they all update.
Darkharmony
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion