Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 101 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 31st, 2008, 4:58 pm

WARNING:
This is a Beta Build. That means it has fixes and features that are NEW. It is also possible it has bugs that are NEW! If you are looking for stability, please don't expect this build to be perfectly stable. It may have issues. If on the other hand you are happy to try this build out and post any bugs back in this thread, then please do!

Download Installer Version:
r2 Studios Server -> http://www.r2.com.au/downloads/files/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b101.exe
OR
Xion Server -> http://xion.r2.com.au/download/beta/qa-xion_v1.0b101.exe

Changelist:
  • Fix Uninstallation of Plugins so that it correctly deletes the .dll
  • Add the ability to scale the Shimmer Interface from 10% up to 500%
  • Ensure that the snapping rectangle and tooltips are updated with scaling
  • Modify Xion Config window Icons
  • Draw Icons with a transparent background to fix rendering issues
  • Fix the View All Skins button being enabled when you're on the All Skins tab
  • Ensure that GUIObjects are updated once prior to first frame render in order to remove flick of old/new values
  • Update Bass to 2.4.1
  • Fix pressing the play button so that it restarts the stream properly
  • Fix crash when generating previews (Thanks OfficerMike07)

If you find bugs specifically related to this build, please post them here instead of the Bug reporting forum. Any feedback positive or negative should also go in here, no new threads. This way all feedback, etc related to this build will be in the one place.

ABOUT THIS BUILD:

The most notable feature is the Scaling of the Interface. Right Click, choose Configure Xion, then double click Shimmer in the Plugins Tab.

The rest are some minor fixes and updates. More to come!

P.S. This is a Re-Release of Build 101 as OfficerMike07 found a crash that I wasn't happy leaving in, thanks OfficerMike07! ;)

Enjoy!

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on November 1st, 2008, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby djinn2 » June 1st, 2008, 4:18 am

Seems to work great Cliff :D

There are just a couple of minor issues which I'm sure will be sorted out in the near future. Text doesn't scale very well, especially the scrolling sort. I presume this is due to the lack of hardware acceleration so is to be expected. Some of the skins start to look very jagged when scaled up a lot.

The slider to scale the interface needs a bit of tweaking to give a more accurate selection. I like the snap to the 100%, 200% etc mark but it also makes fine adjustments difficult. The arrow keys only adjust the scale if the pointer is not at a 100%, 200% etc position on the slider. Perhaps a textbox or combo box could be added to work with the slider.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby OfficerMike07 » June 1st, 2008, 6:24 am

djinn2 Wrote:Perhaps a textbox or combo box could be added to work with the slider.

This thought crossed my mind too 8)
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby pickle » June 3rd, 2008, 8:50 am

Hi,

Previously, when a song's ID3 info was changed, the song would blip for a moment, then continue playing. Now though, the song gets reset to the beginning & starts playing from there.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 3rd, 2008, 1:00 pm

pickle Wrote:Hi,

Previously, when a song's ID3 info was changed, the song would blip for a moment, then continue playing. Now though, the song gets reset to the beginning & starts playing from there.

Ahh, damn. Thanks for finding that one pickle! I'll fix it for the next build.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Alai » June 8th, 2008, 3:23 am

Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but after updating to this beta I had a problem with interface not showing on program load. Show Xion option was ticked, but there was nothing on the screen. Toggling it off and on didn't help. The solution was - Choose Skin to reload the skin.
Alai
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » June 8th, 2008, 7:17 am

I would suggest Alai to change the skin and try again, it might be the skin doing that, in which case it is a bug.

Also, stream problems still continue. Listening to one stream for more then an hour is where Xion ventures into a sudden death zone, meaning that if you try playing anything else after that time has passed, the chance that the player crashes on change increases as time passes. I listened to Rainwave for about 6 hours, and then tried to restart it because it had underbuffered and was out of sync with it's webpage system. Xion crashed once the stream had been started again.

Other problems however, seem to have dissapeared for now.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » June 11th, 2008, 4:28 am

not checked the beta build yet, still on 100

snap rectangle is borked in 100, for example checkout the psd by Crotale - Turbine - which I uploaded onto my ftp to fix the toggle, snaprectangle is not working which explains why he was tearing his hair out about it

has this been fixed in 101, spose i will check it out heheh
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SLoB » June 19th, 2008, 5:44 am

Cliff

should an animation cycle through if its hidden but triggered?
you may want to trigger an animation if its part of a group of animations that all need to move to the same place for example

if not then i'll have to rethink something
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » June 20th, 2008, 11:04 pm

When a song has no tags available, the player doesn't clear song title and artist data that is displayed.

Dunno if this happens in earlier releases, but i stumbled on this just now.

Also, instability continues. Player still crashes on some occasions after long periods of listening to music provided by a large folder created playlist.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » July 20th, 2008, 10:54 pm

As you have now read for the third time, the save_state isn't working in this build ;)

Cheers Cliffy!

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby pickle » August 8th, 2008, 8:48 am

I'm running build 100 since the Last.fm plugin doesn't work with 101. I don't see my bug on the changelist though, so I'm thinking it's ok to mention here.

I've got 2 VU meters set to the left & right output levels. Every once in a while, when the levels go right to the top, the VU bar disappears, or rather flickers away. When the levels go down again, the animation continues as it should. My guess is that somehow it's animating beyond the end of the animation set (somehow 100.1% volume perhaps).

My guess is there's a rounding error somewhere, or some value needs to be floored/capped at 100.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » September 7th, 2008, 10:10 pm

we must be due for another beta at some point Cliff? ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Barloggg » September 8th, 2008, 3:25 pm

is there any way to receive track name/time for external application? perhabs most easy way is to copy track name (by use "track title format" sytax command) to window text. So you may change "xion" to this long string.
Barloggg
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 9th, 2008, 10:52 am

SLoB Wrote:we must be due for another beta at some point Cliff? ;)

Indeed, its just taking a while to do the skinnable playlist :)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Next

Return to Beta Builds