Xion Audio Player

Media Library

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby David » November 5th, 2008, 5:47 am

First - I'd just found Xion from a skin consortium link while looking for a classic-pro skin for winamp. I've got to say I love the look of this player- it's fantastic.

However, I really need a media library. Is there any progress on a better media library than 'simple library'?
David
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » November 5th, 2008, 6:03 am

Welcome to the Xion forum David :)

Will be a while till that happens I think, but I suppose we could craft a thread that could discuss what was wanted/needed/liketohave in a media library so that an ultimate one could be created.
Xion is just going through adding skinnable playlist atm so I would have thought getting that sorted was the main thing to finish, then look to do similar with a media library at some point.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby David » November 5th, 2008, 10:01 am

Thanks,

If such a thread is created I will happily add my thoughts.
Basically, though the WinAmp Media Library is pretty close to what I would like. May be with a few UI updates to make is a bit nicer to use.
David
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » November 5th, 2008, 10:55 am

Last i heard, Cliff was considering the implementation of Winamp plugin compatibility, which would essentially allow you to use Winamp's own library to get what you need.

Said feature was mentioned quite a while ago though, and the SDK related area will probably not be touched for a while, due to the implementation of skinned playlist viewing, and the new list of bugs it brings.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to General Xion Discussion