Xion Audio Player

Xiontux

Leave you feedback for skin authors who have published their skins on the Skins page

Postby MusicLemur » December 8th, 2008, 11:06 am

I have a problem with your and everyone elses skins. I dont understand how to get them. I download them but when i try to open them it comes up with this message:

"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the set associations control panel"

I like your skin you made so much, truthfully its the only one i like. So can you help me please, you can email me back here or on my yahoo emial. Plz explain to me how to get these skins.

Thanks.
All of our knowledge merely makes us die a more painful death
MusicLemur
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 8th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Welcome to the Xion forum MusicLemur :)

a few questions as you did not really help us to help you.
Have you installed Xion yet?
Are you using XP or Vista?
Which browser are you downloading the skins with, are they saved as zip files on your desktop (or saved folder)??

if they are zip files then open it and you should see a psd in there? if so rename the zip file to an xsf extension, click/dblclick to install, Xion should pick it up, if it doesn't then you can move the file to the interfaces folder something like this C:\Program Files\r2 Studios\Xion\Interfaces

you should then be able to see the skins in the Choose Skin window
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 8th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Hi MusicLemur,

It sounds like you're using Vista, is that correct?

If so, right click on the Xion shortcut, and choose 'Run as Administrator' so that it can setup the file types correctly.

After doing this, you should then be able to open the skins and Xion will install them for you.

If you're still having problems, you can download the skin files by choosing save link as on the download buttons, and saving them to C:\Program Files\r2 Studios\Xion\Interfaces\

If you've installed Xion to another folder other than the default, then locate that and save the skin to the Interfaces directory.

Now open up Xion, right click and select Choose Skin, just as SLoB mentioned above.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby MusicLemur » December 9th, 2008, 8:56 am

I am running vista, its nice but I hate all the extra trouble with programs. But thanx a lot. It took me around 45 minutes and about 15 times of downloading that penguin but its was worth how he dances to the music hahaha :D thanks for all your help
All of our knowledge merely makes us die a more painful death
MusicLemur
Xion Supporter

Return to Released Skin Feedback