Xion Audio Player

[added: 109] Enqueue

Added features are moved here for archival purposes, usually marked with the build number they were added in.

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 4th, 2008, 7:38 am

ALAS Wrote:I have the problem, too.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3 (no value) or something similar, in german it´s no value assigned or so :)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Xion.AudioFile\Shell enque folder exists.
command: path is correct

Hmm that's strange. I'm assuming you're not running as a Limited user? If you go into the FIle Types tab and Unassociate and Reassociate, does it fix the problem?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » December 4th, 2008, 9:40 am

limited user? you mean not as an admin? No , I´m running as an admin.

oops, just saw I had switched back to build 101 :? Hope that´s not a problem (so it´s all for build 101...)

for the associate/unassociate: I cant unassociate, at least I have only an associate button in the file types tab. Pressing it didn´t fix it.
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 4th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Ah! I just reproduced this on Vista.

In order for it to work, you have to right click on your Xion shortcut, and select 'Run as Administrator'. Click Allow, then you should be able to Associate and Disassociate!

I'll have to put some extra debugging or perhaps see if I can get Vista to prompt for Administrator Privileges!

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » December 5th, 2008, 8:27 am

ok, just wanted to try the ´run as admin´ but with the installation , ok this one´s faster :) ...

well, yes got the disassociate button now, did it all

hmm, still no enqueue, but certainly a fix for next build ;-)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 5th, 2008, 8:59 am

ALAS Wrote:ok, just wanted to try the ´run as admin´ but with the installation , ok this one´s faster :) ...

You'll probably need to do the same for Enqueue. Run as Admin, visit the File Types tab and uncheck, then recheck the check boxes, just to make sure.

I'll have to add errors for those as well

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby _AK_ » December 10th, 2008, 6:55 pm

ALAS Wrote:ok, just wanted to try the ´run as admin´ but with the installation , ok this one´s faster :) ...

Hi ALAS! Hi everyone!

Maybe my experience and faults can help you.
I have Vista Ultimate 32.
I guess, not the Xion is the problem of missing entries at right-click-menu, but the Winamp and its "Agent".
My situation: I had Winamp on my PC installed (as Standard Player for music), also its Winamp Agent to check and hold the filetypes. After deinstalling Winamp the Registry _still_ contains that following entries:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File.mp3 (...wav, aac ... ).
Also at the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3 (and similar filetypes) I still have a path to Winamp (although, Winamp doesnt exists :? ).
What I did?
1. I manually deletes that entries and paths in registry
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File.mp3,
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File.wav,
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3
Cause of a big amount I only deletes the important: mp3, wav, wma :D
2. Go to '"standard programms" and check the WMP as Standard player for all types of
music.
3. Now you can install the Xion as Admin and customize it.

Thats it. It helped me and now I have that "enqueue"-entries at the right-click-menu on both: folder and musicfiles :idea:

Like I mentioned, the Winamp still remains in the registry with follow entries:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File.....
And that, I guess, its a problem.

anyway, u can try my way :D
But take care of working with registry :!: :roll: :wink:

Bye, AK.

PS: btw, Xion is a top-product! Thanks a lot to developer! That is exactly what I need.
No unnesessary and helpless Plugins, no thousands of options like ripping a Cd or encoding/decoding...
It exactly does what I want music player to do: it plays music.
Main advantage for me: it starts damn quick!!
Ok, it sounds kind of stupid, but it was a reason, why a use Xion of Winamp instead.
I fed up with Winamps 5-10 seconds starttime when I boot a PC and double-click the song... waiting...waiting... :roll: :D
I can only hope, Xion will keep staying so slim and fast player like its now!
_AK_
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 11th, 2008, 6:21 am

Those Winamp keys are completely different. I think the only thing that changed anything was the fact you deleted the mp3 key, or did whatever it is you did with WMP.

Honestly, Vista causes more problems then makes anything better..
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby _AK_ » December 11th, 2008, 7:07 am

"Those Winamp keys are completely different." - what do you mean? They are always the same in the registry. Same paths, same includings (on same OS :) ).
The problem is indeed, that after deinstalling you still have some paths in the registry.
WinAmp also.
What I noticed is, you can after deinstalling WinAmp make the WMP your standard-media player. But it doesnt help. If you take a closer look in registry, you still see that ".mp3" belongs to Winamp application.
Ok, it sounds kinda stupid, but I have to say, I didnt reboot after doing that. Maybe it could help.
So, what I did, was deleting that path ".mp3" in registry. After that installed Xion and voila, it worked. :)

AK

lil off-topic: do you use Vista? :? I dont think so.
"Honestly, Vista causes more problems then makes anything better" - you are completely wrong with that :wink: :D
_AK_
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 12th, 2008, 12:32 am

Really? Jee i could've sworn.

So, the fact that none of these problems have ever occured on XP is completely irrelevant, right?

In fact, about 30% worth of bugs are purely VISTA related!

And don't even get me started on how much worse it is in comparison to XP.

And the only relevance to things in the registry are the ones that applications share, thus the only key that needed deletion was the .mp3 file association extension. However, this should have been changeable in the first place, but of course, it's the fault of almighty Vista that requires you to 'run as administrator' whether or not you already are logged into an account with administrative rights.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby ALAS » December 12th, 2008, 7:47 am

_AK_ Wrote:"Honestly, Vista causes more problems then makes anything better" - you are completely wrong with that :wink: :D

right. there WERE definitely lots of problems when XP came out. People tend to forget that. The only thing is, that XP is here for a long time and so had its time to be improved and liked. A time long enough to forget all the crap we hated once ...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby _AK_ » December 12th, 2008, 8:29 pm

Thats it.
I remember all the honks crying and screaming in 2001 to XP: "whats that? its shit!" and so on. Some years later, and the same guys screaming similar to Vista. :wink:
Look, XP till SP2 in 2004 was nothing. And now look at Vista: after one year with SP1 is that quite stable, nice working OS. For me, its the best MS OS that they ever brought to market.
But its not the point. Its off-topic, like the statement from logokas, that's why I didn't want to answer him :wink:
We aren't here to discuss advantages of the OS 8)
And, ALAS, like you say in Germany "hand to heart", - we both now that Vista is pretty good :P

AK
_AK_
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 4:50 am

So the fact that, if you want ANY sort of speed out of Vista at this time, or at least the SAME speed as XP, you need to disable about 100 services, has nothing to do with Vista just being a bloated piece of unpolished operating system?

The only ever usable Vista of it's kind is the server 2008 edition, because it's the only one where all the fancy pants crap is disabled, except for the UAC, i think.

A new version of a program should be PROGRESS, not going down to stone age. I for one don't want to get an extra 2 gigs of RAM just to get a decent user experience out of it. If they can't make an OS without bloating it with useless programs and services, then they will fail.

I can only hope Windows 7 even REMOTELY learns from the mistakes of Vista.

And as a final word, anybody who says Vista is fine the way it is, should get their head checked for brainwash.

That is all.

Also, this topic should be in the bug section.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby OfficerMike07 » December 13th, 2008, 5:19 am

Vista is fine the way it is, and only gets better with each update.

You don't need to disable services to get the same performance, you have the alternative option of upgrading hardware. Don't point the finger at Vista for this either, because XP required higher system specs than previous Window OSes as well (and 95 required more than 3.1, and so forth). It's just the natural evolution of our computer technology. We need more sophisticated operating systems to run our increasingly complex applications, and to support these more sophisticated pieces of software we need... surprise! Better hardware. This cycle will continue indefinitely, you might as well get used to it now. The more pessimistically you look at Vista, the more you're going to hate it. There's no sense torturing yourself over it, so learn to love it, or at least learn to live with it. Windows 7 will have its fair share of problems too. By 2020, we'll probably have toasters on our kitchen counter that could run Vista in their sleep.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 5:26 am

I don't see where Vista does something more complex where XP doesn't.

It's the same OS, it just looks nicer and shows you more stuff.

Oh and it COUNTS STUFF BETTER. Problem is, it sometimes takes 2 times more time to COUNT THE TIME IT WILL TAKE, INSTEAD OF DOING IT AND FINISHING BY NOW.

I'm skipping Vista, and i'll be glad to be rid of it. And if Windows 7 proves to be as much of a failure, i'll stay on XP until i grow out of gaming, and then i'll just go ahead and set up my own Gentoo installation and become a Linux junkie.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » December 20th, 2008, 3:27 am

rofl, the old debate over xp vs vista, hmm vista has been out 2 years, people are mainly using it cos its bundled with a new pc and a lot of people I know have requested an xp cd so they can bosh xp on their new pcs heheh

might need to move some of these posts to the general discussion area, then we can really let loose and stick in a poll too lol
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Previous

Return to Feature Requests - Added