Xion Audio Player

The rate of change

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby dayze-d » October 16th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Bouncing from one player to another as each iteration is released, heavier, shinier and only marginally more useful, I wince as the ever larger download completes. iTunes latest release (Version 7) comes in at a whopping 60MB memory footprint upon loading while WMP11 reaches to catch up to the innovation of so many other players, and Winamp... well... you know.

Xion is my new favourite thought, the thought that I don't have to sacrifice valuable memory real estate or CPU cycles just to listen to music, as well as a truely beautiful addition to my desktop (*cough cough* other minimum footprint apps) that again won't break the bytes-bank.

Cliff, you are on to something here, don't give up and don't give in to corporate pressure. This is a shining star in the marred world of desktop audio players.

I am more than willing to put up with the sporadic crashes inherent in a new piece of software (crashes that I wouldn't tolerate in the well-established players) because I know once the wrinkles are ironed out and the bugs are dead and gone, this will be my audio player, this will be the audio player for a new generation of desktop users.

Again, keep going, I am inspired to see such a design executed with such flair and function, neither from a million dollar enterprise, nor a billion dollar one (you know who you are) but from the underdog down under. This is something, this is happening.
dayze-d
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 16th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Hi Dayze-d,

Welcome to the Xion Community!

Wow! Thank you for your very kind words. I'd always hoped Xion would one day take the crown from those other players that had become so bloated that they began to make my monitor sink with weight.

It's great to hear such positive comments and i'm thrilled that I've been able to have such an effect on users out there.

I will of course keep improving Xion and I have no such wishes to make Xion a bloated waste of space. I'd be honored if users like yourself could help spread the word, in order to get Xion out there, and to get it the attention I believe it should receive.

Once again thanks for your support and for taking the time to stop by to let me know.

Feel free to post away if you find a bug or would like a feature, and I'll see what I can do about fixing/adding.

Hope you have a great time!
Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion