Xion Audio Player

A few pertaining to layer names. (Now Playlist suggestions)

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Jikaru » February 11th, 2009, 12:19 am

(Made new thread for this suggestion)A layer name to indicate mute is NOT on, indi_nomute.
(Made new thread for this suggestion)A layer name to apply a percent of opacity(o) to a layer at percent of volume position(v) above(a) or below(b), indi_volumea(v%)(o%), indi_volumeb(v%)(o%), replace % with a number 0-100, 100 being full opacity or volume position by percentage.

A layer name to signify a button with a menu, keyword: menu, also keywords to signify certain already obtainable menu items to enable custom menus.

Layer keyword to signify a right-click action, on_rtclick action.
a layer name that calls playlist in the actual skin in the area specified by the pixels.

Including playlist suggestions the bold suggestions are the suggestions to talk about in this thread.)
Last edited by Jikaru on March 11th, 2009, 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Lance » February 11th, 2009, 4:20 pm

I really support the menu and right click options. The rest of your ideas are good thinking too. I hope Cliff appreciates some of these...

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » February 12th, 2009, 1:59 am

Thanks. Cliff I want your opinion :D nao.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 12th, 2009, 7:57 am

I think this is giving Jikaru way too much power :wink:

Nah most of it seems like a good idea, I'm just not sure about
Jikaru Wrote:Solid background for playlists (with area to signify playlist area) OR a layer name that calls playlist in the actual skin in the area specified by the pixels and non-resizable.

You can already specify a Solid background that determines the size of the Playlist area.

As for a fixed sized Playlist, I guess this is possible, although since the Skinnable playlist was first discussed everyone has been wanting it resizeable instead of fixed so it may come as a shock to people if they can't resize their playlist :shock:

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » February 12th, 2009, 8:59 am

Ok cliff if you get on MSN I can better explain what I wish I could do in better detail but i'll try my best to explain it this way:

You take the layer name playlist and apply it to an area in your actual skin:
Like you would in the playlist.psd.
Then you make areas in the actual skin that can be resized like the sides.
This would enable skins to be resizable vertically.
Then you make the bottom the grippable area.
(kinda like how it is in the playlist.psd currently.)
then when you resize the skin it will also resize the playlist, I see this happening kinda like this:

playlist_top
playlist_left
playlist_right
playlist_bottom
playlist_extender

This way you could specify with left and right and extender only that the playlist will only resize horizontally, and with top, bottom, and extender that it will resize vertically. Extender would fill in the spots in between top/bottom, left/right and call the playlist to the area occupied by those layers.

but for my skin what I wanted to do was add a solid, non-resizable, area defined as playlist and it would just fill that area with the playlist information like it normally would in a playlist.psd environment. (I may need to reiterate if found appropriate its hard to explain my vision lol)
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » February 12th, 2009, 9:24 am

I followed the different threads and like different ideas for different skins, an anchored skin (which would be anchored from one point top left and resize like it currently does), a fully fixed playlist that only scrolls, like for the fullscreen skins, and a fully resizeable.Whether that could be accomplished with a few new tags, or alot of work, I wouldn't know. Ideally the very different type skins would need very different playlists.It kinda doesnt seem fair to ask for all that right now, but I'd request it for the future. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » February 12th, 2009, 1:01 pm

its always requested for future, im not asking him to implement it like zomg NAO...im just suggesting and hoping he would be able to speak with me about the different ways to pull it off, im rather good at figuring out how to do things and compromise with everyones needs (be it to implement all of it or fix one to do multiple jobs) im just looking to help him make xion a potentially better player to skin with. so im throwing ideas that could help him make the decision to try and implement better playlist functionality or any of the other things i mention. oh and I also like to thank him for being so personal about each request, most admins and people who make programs have mods to read and forward everything to the creator and you never see them on the board hehe. I like having replies straight from the source.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby WinstonGFX » February 12th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Fixed size playlist is doable with the capabilities we already have. I explained how to Jikaru on messenger.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » February 13th, 2009, 12:07 am

Indeed I know how to do a fixed size playlist but my other requests still stand...mainly the one about a playlist layer name in the main skin. Oh I'd also like to add a way to show the percentage of the volume in text. layer name would probably be something like volumep...:D
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 13th, 2009, 12:52 am

Jikaru Wrote:Indeed I know how to do a fixed size playlist but my other requests still stand...mainly the one about a playlist layer name in the main skin. Oh I'd also like to add a way to show the percentage of the volume in text. layer name would probably be something like volumep...:D

It would be easier to just decorate your playlist skin with the normal items you stick in the main window.

They are two completely separate components. The playlist has a whole bunch of specific Playlist code.

Why don't you attempt to make the skinnable playlist fixed and add the things you want from the main window and turn off the main window?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » February 13th, 2009, 8:39 am

Because this breaks consistency, Cliff.

When you hit Ctrl+Alt+5, you expect to see the player. If all the controls are on the playlist, it confuses the crap out of everybody.

It makes sense to put a static playlist into the main skin if the design means it so, such as a full screen party skin. It won't make sense doing it the other way around.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 13th, 2009, 8:58 am

logokas Wrote:Because this breaks consistency, Cliff.

When you hit Ctrl+Alt+5, you expect to see the player. If all the controls are on the playlist, it confuses the crap out of everybody.

It makes sense to put a static playlist into the main skin if the design means it so, such as a full screen party skin. It won't make sense doing it the other way around.

Ok, in that case I'll make it so that the playlist component can be embedded within the main player window. It'll mean there is no separate window for the playlist on some skins, it will be in the main window. This is the way that Winamp does it.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » February 13th, 2009, 12:22 pm

I wouldn't mind it if there was both, like if you had the playlist called in the skin and if you could pull up the seperate skinned module, reason for this is if someone wants to hide the static playlist in a "drawer" and pull up a moveable scalable one then they could...unless this would cause problems but ya never know till you try right?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby ALAS » February 15th, 2009, 2:33 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
Ok, in that case I'll make it so that the playlist component can be embedded within the main player window.

I would really appreciate that feature. This way many problems could be fixed, the missing alpha blending could be elegantly hidden, the snapping and moving together would be realized within one interface, to switch to non playlist view it would only need a second skin without playlist. I think that would be great...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » February 16th, 2009, 4:03 am

ALAS Wrote:
Cliff Cawley Wrote:
Ok, in that case I'll make it so that the playlist component can be embedded within the main player window.

I would really appreciate that feature. This way many problems could be fixed, the missing alpha blending could be elegantly hidden, the snapping and moving together would be realized within one interface, to switch to non playlist view it would only need a second skin without playlist. I think that would be great...

You wouldn't even need a second psd, you could easily hide something within the same skin using an animation or a button to simply hide that piece using modify. The playlist being embedded would be the route that alot of people would take to mask the nonalpha blending on the playlist area, and alot of people would use it to make the playlist in a drawer...this would open up alot of possibilities and IMO put XION up there with Winamp in terms of skinability.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Next

Return to Feature Requests