Xion Audio Player

multiple psds

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby xonenine » March 8th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Well, regardless of how little of this I understand yet, I have to ask. :)

By having the right info tags/layers in the skin the skin appears, and it is moveable.

By having the right tags in the playlists, it is functional and moveable.

Couldn't other psds like this be created to serve other functions also?

or multiple psds that can move? :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » March 8th, 2009, 8:53 pm

...I don't get it.

What the hell are you asking?
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » March 8th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I get you perfectly fine xonenine. He means it would be good if you could for example split your controls accross multiple PSDs that all show at the same time, all being draggable, almost like a generic PSD if you like that can serve as any purpose. And in xononine's case, I guess you would use this in your full screen party mode? Would be great if you could seperate those elements into individual moveable PSDs.

iLike...

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 8th, 2009, 10:04 pm

yes, lance, any psd would be a definable moveable entity, only its tags would decide whether xion read it as a skin, playlist, etc.Or as you say a two piece skin with perhaps different controls or functions, Or simply as an easy workaround for our unmoveable parts. :) That would make all sorts of ideas possible. Dual Decks, mixing, and snappable parts.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 11th, 2009, 3:05 am

you could like have:
play/pause/stop.psd
next.psd
previous.psd
playlist.psd
main.psd
etc etc etc
this way the skin would load all the psd's in the zip/rar hierarchy as one skin and each button could be movable separately from the main. this may already be possible as long as each psd is loaded as one skin (in a zip/rar) or if it's not im sure it could be added to where xion reads each psd in the zip and loads them according to their params.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 11th, 2009, 7:58 am

Okay, i get the concept. But now tell me WHY? The only implementation i see in this is to give the user of the skin a freedom of design, but that kills the whole point of making a skin entirely, doesn't it?
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » March 11th, 2009, 10:10 am

well if the pieces snap together then potentially one could move a play button where they want, (keep in mind the whole design is still made by the skinner) they could then move other pieces around as they want and potentially place close buttons on each piece... the possibilities for that skin could then be endless and not limited to the skinners choosing cause not always will someone want something on a skin (albeit this skin would be rather difficult to make) it would be something no other skinnable interface has.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Lance » March 11th, 2009, 10:29 am

He's right logokas, the possibilites are awesome for this, at least in my eyes anyway. You could create custom panels with whatever info and controls you want on them. And as for custom interface arrangement, well that's just awesome! I've created flash interfaces with that concept myself. I'm all for this idea as I can see a lot of potential in inovative designs :D

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 11th, 2009, 12:50 pm

i know i could add a whole level of design if more psds were allowed onscreen, even if they need be restricted as to what tags they can contain, or not contain.They would all be moveable, as far as the moving and snapping/unsnapping, I'd learn that too. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 19th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Feature Requests