Xion Audio Player

Scrolling textures

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby xonenine » March 11th, 2009, 1:06 pm

If its possible, I could certainly implement scrolling, scaling, or panning textures to change alot of effects also. Id have to check but i think these animated textures i've made were .dds :) I dont guess it matters, the scaling and panning would be awesome though! :)

The plus side seems to be that if scale, rotate and pan were added, this would add a new and seperate way to animate or create effects w/o messing w/ any of the existing structure.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 12th, 2009, 7:10 am

I can't even imagine how one could add this via photoshop layer names. For one you can't use layer styles so textures would have to be seamless and a raster layer for Xion to read it and interpret what to do with it. Then Xion would have to have the capability to take that layer and duplicate it and be able to move each of those pieces simultaneously according to what you tell it, of course this would mean that xion would need a set of tools to be able to do this and it would require a lot of mathematics to determine position/scaling/panning. So with that being said I think this would be nearly impossible to do given how Xion reads from psd's
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 12th, 2009, 8:12 am

There are simpler ways to achieve this.How about if I request two new animation types.One to scroll an image left, and one to scroll an image right?Having a speed scale would be important also though. :)

Something along the lines of the current track layer.Instead of a track, I want a texture to scroll.Isn't that at least a possibility without getting into rotating or scaling effects?
If it is a scroll only, that'd be just fine for me. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Feature Requests