Xion Audio Player

Entire r2 Studios down today

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby logokas » March 2nd, 2009, 11:04 am

I kinda freaked out there. The site was gone for about 6 hours!

Anybody else notice this?
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby WinstonGFX » March 2nd, 2009, 11:19 am

Certainly did. I thought it was my internet freaking out.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » March 2nd, 2009, 12:28 pm

i usually just assume that everything I thought was here was all in my head, and it never existed. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 2nd, 2009, 4:24 pm

WinstonGFX Wrote:Certainly did. I thought it was my internet freaking out.

Well I had a power outage during what I guess was the same time... so I had bigger things freaking me out.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 2nd, 2009, 6:28 pm

Yup, unfortunately my host's filer had some problems :(

Spoiler, one of our file servers, stopped responding and isn’t serving up files anymore. This will cause web service outages on the following servers:

arkanoid bob boppity caesar deblume defender dinar dinero ellipsis euro fidget forint franc gage galaga gap go grizli guilder happy ikari ike intheroo ivan joust katamari klax korben kroner limbo-randy mark marvin nimitz obiekty24 orbital paperboy patton peso pound ps5500 ps5643 qbert quid replicated researchdirector rygar scagnetti schilling scipio shekel slaughter tetris ultima wasabi yen yoda zorg

Someone’s already been dispatched to the data center and we’ll get this back up and running as soon as we can. The expected downtime is 30-45 minutes. Sorry everybody!

UPDATE (10:49 am Pacific): Looks like some of the networking hardware has failed and needs to be replaced, so this is taking longer than expected. Folks are working on this as quickly as they can and I’ll update this post as soon as there are any new developments.

UPDATE (1:42 pm Pacific): The hardware has been fixed. Right now, the drives are being checked for integrity before the machine can be booted back up. Unfortunately, this will take another few hours. Very sorry about the continued inconvenience. We’ll update this post as soon as the drive check is finished.

UPDATE (5:51 pm Pacific): Unfortunately, bad news: the file server came back up, but then it froze again. Our admins continue working on a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE (10:38 pm Pacific): Things are looking up, we’ve got the file server back online and are fixing the mounts to the webservers now. There will be another update here when all is well.

Looks like its all back up now. Pain in the butt though. You can all take a sigh of relief, Xion and r2 Studios is still here ;)

I'm on shared hosting. In order to get my own server so that this kind of thing doesn't happen, and the site is faster, I'd have to pay many more $$$, which I can't really afford since I give everything away for free.

This kind of thing usually happens once every year or two, so hopefully that's it for another year ;)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » March 3rd, 2009, 3:15 am

So far, it's not a big deal, because the whole web side of r2 Studios is nicely lightweight.

Well, this ordeal did remind me that most of the community has no outside relations. I was able to in contact with Lance, though that's purely thanks to me remembering GUI.Station. There's also Skin Consortium, of course.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 3rd, 2009, 4:53 am

logokas Wrote:Well, this ordeal did remind me that most of the community has no outside relations. I was able to in contact with Lance, though that's purely thanks to me remembering GUI.Station. There's also Skin Consortium, of course.

Some of us also have accounts on deviantART.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Jikaru » March 11th, 2009, 10:47 am

speaking of keeping in contact outside of Xion we should share msn or some other kind of messaging service. on MSN im [email protected] feel free to add me.

lol while reading the updates they were giving Cliff I kept thinking of the answer machine scene in Office Space..."hey me again, yea, im gonna need you come in...." "Yea, me again, I have the schedule here...""Yea...""Yea...""Yea..."
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 11th, 2009, 11:09 am

Jikaru Wrote:speaking of keeping in contact outside of Xion we should share msn or some other kind of messaging service. on MSN im [email protected] feel free to add me.

Hah... come to think of it, we've got contact buttons under each of our posts, provided we added contact info to our Xion accounts. Forgot about those until now...
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » March 12th, 2009, 7:14 am

oh wow that is true, I was looking for them earlier pff who thought to look under there? lol
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 12th, 2009, 7:25 am

Most of us don't share such info though. Like Lance of Cliff.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to General Xion Discussion