Xion Audio Player

[added: 110] Mute capability upgrades.

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Lance » March 14th, 2009, 3:02 am

Also I think you should consider shortening some of the keywords because photoshop only allows so many characters in each layer name.

I brought this up a while back myself, but I was quickly corrected in that there is no limit. There is a limit for the quick rename (just double clicking on the text on the layer) but if you open the layer settings dialogue itself, you can put as much as you want in it :)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » March 15th, 2009, 1:30 pm

oh thanks Lance Ill be sure to use that from now on to change the layer name, but perhaps shorten them anyway so that you can "quick change", more for production flow.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 15th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Jikaru Wrote:oh thanks Lance Ill be sure to use that from now on to change the layer name, but perhaps shorten them anyway so that you can "quick change", more for production flow.

Its a photoshop limitation that they still haven't changed for ages. Just learn to right click and go properties. If I shorten the names too much it'll be as though you have to write layer keywords in assembler:

Code: Select All Code
mod(x) lsp
id(x)
mod(x) cpd

Good luck remembering all of those or trying to decipher someone else's skin :P

I will see what I can do about shortening the really long ones, but for the most part using the right click properties on a layer and entering there is the best approach.

I'd like to keep the layer names still close to english as possible.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » March 16th, 2009, 7:49 am

alright thats cool, oh and im using b1.109 and Photoshop CS3/CS4 and the rpoblem seems to have fixed itself by reloading the skin, must've been a problem when I upgraded from 100 to 109 and had changed skins from the load-a-skin screen within the properties of Xion. Clicking-and-dragging the skin works. And now loading skins from the properties window works as well now...so I'm not quite sure what happened.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Previous

Return to Feature Requests