Xion Audio Player

groups/subsets

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby xonenine » March 28th, 2009, 5:53 am

I noticed Lance's asking about nested animations in the xDJ thread.It would be nice to have the ability to have subsets in animations.

It would also be nice to be able to force dissimilar layers to group.Any alternative method of grouping layers without them having to have the same id, whether it was a subset or a layer keyword, would extend alot of functions and triggers for me... :)
thanks, xonenine.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 28th, 2009, 7:10 am

maybe if there was a keyword to check for linked layer and play the animation in(1 ascending or 0 descending order)

for example
# = linked layer for the sake of this demonstration.

animation 1 AL(0) #
animation 2 #
notanimated
animation 3 #
animation 4 #
notanimated
animation 5 #

if its possible that setup would allow the appropriately linked layers to be an animation and would ignore other layers in between. this would also allow layers that are animated to be behind other layers not in the group like say if something had to be behind another layer thats not in the animation but the rest of the animation had to be above said layer...Ithink its a good idea, plenty of possibilities. and I dont think it would be obtrusive to any other features.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » March 28th, 2009, 10:47 am

I suppose to put it more succinctly it would provide a way to group and then ungroup on the fly. :)

As in:

button id(x) modify(redlight,bluelight) acangroup

and:

button id(x) modify(redlight,bluelight) aclagroup

I suppose with corresponding ungroup layers also. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Feature Requests