Xion Audio Player

Welcome to the OT Forum :)

Anything and Everything not directly related to Xion. Catchup with friends, send links, chat, have fun. Just keep it clean

Postby SLoB » March 31st, 2009, 4:28 am

hey Jikaru, would you like me to edit your post with some paragraphs? ;)

Most people won't read a wall of text, try to split it up a bit :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 31st, 2009, 7:59 am

SLoB Wrote:Most people won't read a wall of text, try to split it up a bit :)

I'm not most people... I read all the way through, if only because his autobiography reminded me of me.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby xonenine » March 31st, 2009, 8:13 am

that is cool, that you're taking graphics, jikaru.I still like to mess w 2d games.I'm getting the urge the last few months to take out MUGEN again, that's such a fun editable game. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 31st, 2009, 12:10 pm

Heh. I wanted to start making some 2d games for Zune, but I had no good ideas, so I didn't put in much effort. The other day something hit me, and I decided that should I learn to make games, I should bring back Aforce. Man I loved Alien Airforce.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby xonenine » March 31st, 2009, 12:29 pm

I use MAME alot too OffficerMike07, boy talk about fun.And alot of the emulators have nice frame rippers like KAWAKS.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 31st, 2009, 12:54 pm

xonenine Wrote:I use MAME alot too OffficerMike07, boy talk about fun.And alot of the emulators have nice frame rippers like KAWAKS.

:? I wasn't even talking about emus... I was talking about my childhood memories from the days of Windows 3.1. I get bored a lot lately though, and I probably should pull out the emus and get my nostalgia on.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » March 31st, 2009, 11:25 pm

sorry SloB I was in the middle of class when I wrote that...that's how bored I was. We're learning about newsletters...joy. But now I get to go to my drawing/painting/studio art class.

and paragraphs are no fun.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 31st, 2009, 11:52 pm

Jikaru Wrote:and paragraphs are no fun.

If paragraphs are no fun, then no paragraphs are even less fun.

You commented that someone else should edit their posts, perhaps you can take advice too and format your posts instead of leaving them as a massive wad of text. KTHXBYE!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xonenine » April 1st, 2009, 12:07 am

and I'll try not to overdo it,too.SLoB had to remind me we are here to make a few skins that a few people might like, and learn, and have fun.I can take it too serious sometimes...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » April 4th, 2009, 8:46 am

heheh, it's meant to be fun guys :), all of our time is precious especially when we all have so many forums to visit/work on daily heheh.
At least some basic formatting helps members read the forum/posts quicker so we can get to do some action stuff :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » April 8th, 2009, 2:10 pm

One day I was on the BBS or talking about it like usual, and my friends wife brought me a gift. It was 50 floppies, a 1200 baud modem, and a Prodigy mousepad.
Alice was an executive w/ the company and she showed me how to use this new graphical interface for surfing the internet,hehe. :)

Well, Prodigy is gone but this graphical internet thing has turned out ok, so far...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 9th, 2009, 12:30 pm

honestly the paragraph spiel is getting on my nerves...you read left to right no matter how the text is formatted, besides I check the net most when im in class and the mac's there SUCK keyboard-wise so I hate hitting shift+enter. Besides that I spent a few hours formatting a giant slab of text 4 pages long for one fucking article, I was all formatted out, and I type fast and just blaze through my typing and click post just so I can move on to something else. Thus is life, too precious to spend formatting the near useless information I provided in the worst way possible. :D <---Hows that for a block of text heh?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 9th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Creating skins for Xion requires no scripting or multiple files. The only file you need to create is a .PSD file. PSD is the Adobe photoshop File format that supports multiple layers in the one file. There are several applications available to you for creating PSD files. Once you have chosen your application you can start skinning! For your first skin, we shall create a 200 pixel by 200 pixel image. This will be small enough to fit on all screens, but large enough to give us something to work with. TIP: Make sure that you use RGB Color and not CMYK as Xion doesn't support CMYK yet. TIP: Choosing 'Transparent' as the 'Contents' of the image will ensure your skin will have transparent parts. On the new image that is created for you, draw a shape; any shape. We will use this as our background layer. Notice that any area you don't draw on has the default transprent squares showing. This means that when you view your skin in Xion, you will see parts of your desktop coming through in these locations. The next step is to create a new layer, draw something on it and give the layer an appropriate keyword. We will be creating a 'play' button so the correct keyword for a play button is simply 'play'. After drawing something on the layer and naming it, your skin should look something like the image to the right. If you like, you can save your skin to a PSD file on your hard drive and try it out in Xion. To load the skin in Xion, simply Drag and Drop the PSD file onto the Xion interface, and it will load for you.TIP: Placing your PSD file in your Xion\Interfaces directory will allow Xion to find it in the 'Choose Interface' Dialog. We shall now add another layer. We want this new layer to act like a 'stop' button, so that's what we shall call our layer. TIP: Xion keywords are always lowercase. If you were to enter 'STOP' or 'Stop' then the layer will not be detected by Xion. We have just added a 'stop' button. Your skin should look something like the image to the right. Feel free to test it out in Xion. The next thing to add might be the current Track title. Go ahead and add a new layer. Give it the name 'track' so that it acts like a Track layer. The text layers that Xion supports behave slighly different than your average 'button' layer. The area that you draw in a text layer, will be used to render the text. If you draw a box, then it will scroll across that box. If your box has transparent areas, the text will go transparent in those areas. There is no need to stick to one colour for your Text layers. You could easily create rainbow text by using the gradient tool and painting an area for the text to scroll in.

Interesting. I tried to re-read what I wrote there and gave up after the first two lines...

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby OfficerMike07 » April 9th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Nice wall, Cliff! Break it down into bite size chunks for me please! :wink:
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 9th, 2009, 5:18 pm

How about i turn my Win7 review into a wall.

That should be epic.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Off-Topic Discussion