Xion Audio Player

Save position of multiple interfaces

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby djinn2 » April 22nd, 2009, 12:04 am

I'm not sure if this has been requested before, if so slap me for my poor searching skills.
It would be great if the screen position of each interface was saved, especially those which are part of a skin pack.

When using a skin with a bar mode I always find myself repositioning the player whenever I change the mode.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » April 22nd, 2009, 1:41 am

not sure if this would be possible, although the playlist and main windows are saved...but not per skin...that would require location information to be saved with the xsf or a seperate file per skin in the program file.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 22nd, 2009, 7:32 am

To be honest I never liked how Winamp did that. I'd load a new skin and have to go hunting for where the main window had moved to.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » April 22nd, 2009, 8:49 am

We have implemented this feature in many Winamp skins, it's the best way imo, people like to get their system setup to automate things and the skin remembering its position should be built in.
At least make it optional, was going to add perhaps track it to see which mode is used more, however, that could be classed as keylogging kinda activity lol but the position remembering would be a good thing to get in

Remember it's not just about our needs and wants, it's about the masses
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 pm

I personally would never use it or want it, I mostly change my skins by drag/drop and if I drag/drop to load a skin and it flies to another position I would freak out. And Cliff Winamp doesn't do this by default Winamp and Xion act the same here.

What I find annoying that cpro skins still do is when they come out of bar mode (which is determined to be the top) the bigger skin is rendered from the top down, which means that if you had the bar on your taskbar, when you go into main mode the skin goes below the screen and you have to move it up.

Xion does this as well but there isn't much you can do about it in Xion other than MAYBE have a keyword to classify a bar mode to be the bottom always, then when you switch it would render the other mode from bottom up.

But back on topic, it would be nice to have svst (save state) save the position in a info file or something in the xsf of the skin.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 23rd, 2009, 12:38 am

Jikaru Wrote:I personally would never use it or want it, I mostly change my skins by drag/drop and if I drag/drop to load a skin and it flies to another position I would freak out. And Cliff Winamp doesn't do this by default Winamp and Xion act the same here.

Ah fair enough.

Jikaru Wrote:What I find annoying that cpro skins still do is when they come out of bar mode (which is determined to be the top) the bigger skin is rendered from the top down, which means that if you had the bar on your taskbar, when you go into main mode the skin goes below the screen and you have to move it up.

Yeah I always found it confusing that every skin I opened was loaded at a different position on the screen. It was annoying :|

Jikaru Wrote:Xion does this as well but there isn't much you can do about it in Xion other than MAYBE have a keyword to classify a bar mode to be the bottom always, then when you switch it would render the other mode from bottom up.

Check out the dontreposition keyword which applies to loadinterface

Might be more what you're after. If it doesn't have this, Xion will just try to centre the new skin on the current position, meaning it should remain on screen a lot better anyway.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » April 23rd, 2009, 9:01 am

What's bad about this feature? I'd rather like it when it comes to certain skins like XDJ for example. If you load the mini interface, the edge snap goes away and leaves the skin standing in 'midair'. Having a modifier that would say, move an interface in a direction an amount of pixels, would make good practice.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » May 4th, 2009, 12:36 am

Jikaru Wrote:I personally would never use it or want it, I mostly change my skins by drag/drop and if I drag/drop to load a skin and it flies to another position I would freak out. And Cliff Winamp doesn't do this by default Winamp and Xion act the same here.

What I find annoying that cpro skins still do is when they come out of bar mode (which is determined to be the top) the bigger skin is rendered from the top down, which means that if you had the bar on your taskbar, when you go into main mode the skin goes below the screen and you have to move it up.

Xion does this as well but there isn't much you can do about it in Xion other than MAYBE have a keyword to classify a bar mode to be the bottom always, then when you switch it would render the other mode from bottom up.

But back on topic, it would be nice to have svst (save state) save the position in a info file or something in the xsf of the skin.

cPro has the option to load from top or bottom from stick mode, checkout all the right click options for it under the skin options, we are working on an upcoming blog which will go into some hidden details for cPro and skins and some tuts too.
Plus we have a similar engine going which kind of mimics Xion, Xion skinners will be able to port their skins to Winamp too :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » May 4th, 2009, 7:19 am

logokas Wrote:What's bad about this feature? I'd rather like it when it comes to certain skins like XDJ for example. If you load the mini interface, the edge snap goes away and leaves the skin standing in 'midair'. Having a modifier that would say, move an interface in a direction an amount of pixels, would make good practice.

I seen Cliff said the keyword "dontreposition" should do this.

Also Slob I never noticed any options like that before...cool.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests