Xion Audio Player

Remove frame around visualisation

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby the_man550 » May 19th, 2009, 5:09 am

Hi

Just a small feature/fix I'd like;

Around the visualiz(<-is it z or s?)ation window, I'd really appreciate if you removed the frame (explorer). I use it mostly for the looks, and IMO that frame destroys a whole lot of it.
It'd also be nice if you could set the color manually.

Thanks; but if it's too much work, don't bother doing it.
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » May 19th, 2009, 6:06 am

Good suggestions. I second both of these. I'm guessing you mean remove the viz border when it's full screen only? Removing it all together would be quite difficult to drag, hehe. And of course, a doubleclick feature would have to be implemented so you can escape full screen mode with your mouse. And aye, a user controlled colour picker would be cool too.

By the way, it's a Z :)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 19th, 2009, 9:01 am

the_man550 Wrote:Hi

Just a small feature/fix I'd like;

Around the visualiz(<-is it z or s?)ation window, I'd really appreciate if you removed the frame (explorer). I use it mostly for the looks, and IMO that frame destroys a whole lot of it.
It'd also be nice if you could set the color manually.

As Lance asked, would it be even better if when you double clicked it, it went full screen? Or do you like to just have the visualization window in the corner of your screen, and no skins?

The other thing you could do, if you just have it in the corner, is to make a skin yourself with just the visualization layer, that way you could move it around and it'd have to frame.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » May 19th, 2009, 11:44 am

visualisation = british old school spelling.
visualization = proper more modern spelling now-a-days.

both are acceptable although Firefox/Dictionary says the first is wrong. so it IS spelled with a Z properly. And I agree about a Color Picker for the Windowed Visualization, and double click on the Windowed Viz to remove the frame when not maximized and double click on the frame to maximize and double click on Viz to escape full-screen, or press escape. That would be optimal control for this feature. Only then would it get my vote.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby the_man550 » May 19th, 2009, 11:49 pm

I meant the way Jikaru suggests.
I'll take everything from the start to clear it out;

Here's a printscreen of my desktop to more easily explain what I want
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1641/desktopk.jpg
(looks weird when you print dual screens, I kno...)
As you can see, I've done a temporary fix to not see the frame. (it's as far up as I can get it)

That is where I want the viz window to be. That size and location, or just about. I never cover any of the xion windows with another program, so it's always visible. As you can see the explorer frame is still visible=ugly.

Controls;
    One click on viz area - toggle visualization shape

One click on frame - remove frame

Double click on frame - fullscreen (alternatively just use the default windows fullscreen button. If so, the frame should be removed with a double click at the frame (anywhere on the frame but on the default windows icons) instead of a single click as I suggested just above)

Click&drag in viz area - Drag the window (when frame is removed)

double click in viz area - reapply frame (if frame is absent)

(didn't forget anything now, did I?)

Another thing I came up with that would be awesome in my opinion: Instead of the default black background - a transparent background! drool all over :)

About the suggestion to make a skin of my own; sorry, but I'm just about to finish the last period in school = EXTREMELY hectic. I simply can't spare the time to learn how to do it. If I wait a month or so until summer holidays start, I'd probably be able to... but that's a month :o

Thx for the spelling help... ;)
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » May 20th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Here's a quick tip if you want this:

Take the skin your using and open the main psd in photoshop...

Add a little button to load another psd (can be found in the layer reference guide, also you can see the default skin uses this to do the shade skin.)

Then all you need to do is make that psd (the one that will be loaded as visualization)
In this psd you will want to add a layer the size of the vis you want and the color as well. And thats it, the background of the vis will be transparent...only downfall to this is it removes the Main window or playlist window depending on how you set it up and will not functionhow you want it...

Otherwise you'll have to wait for this to be implemented or wait till the Component SDK update to be released when someone can make it this way.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 7:27 am

Humm... sounds a bit complicated... Think I'll wait till it's released (if it ever gets released). Thanks for trying thou :)
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » May 21st, 2009, 8:13 am

You are welcome to play w/ this skin:
It has an invisible drag bar on the bottom and an invisible load interface button bottom right hand corner to change to a skin w/ controls if you want them.

http://www.4shared.com/file/106705548/e6e9ce3e/stealth.html
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 9:10 am

That is simply perfect!

Just that my other main interface is gone now, so I can't see the track info etc... :(

Is there a way to make that stealth skin work together with the other skin(xionflux) I use? I mean, so that I have the original xionflux main interface, but this as the viz disp.

I tried to put the visa.psd and it's .ttf companion in the xionflux.xsf file, but "nah" it said.

If anyone could help me with that I'll marry him/her :P
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » May 21st, 2009, 9:13 am

It's ok w/ me to put the two together, what page is it on, I'm not seeing xionflux...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 9:18 am

Awesome!

Xionflux is available at skinning.net, but in case you don't have an account I'll temporarily upload it to my skydrive account;

http://cid-898ed7e7e559788e.skydrive.li ... 5B1%5D.xsf
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » May 21st, 2009, 9:20 am

OK, I'll upload it in a couple of minutes.I will have to add a button to it for the switching, I'll try to keep it in style. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 9:21 am

"Goes and buy a ring"
edit: LEAP!*
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » May 21st, 2009, 9:23 am

hehe, how about the mute button as the new load interface button, is that OK?
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby the_man550 » May 21st, 2009, 9:26 am

Yeah sure, never use it anyway.
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Next

Return to Feature Requests