Xion Audio Player

Playlist skinning help

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby xonenine » May 16th, 2009, 11:12 am

Hi Cliff,
Could another designation be given to playlist based skins so that Xion would "know" the main and playlist were combined, and thereby not look for another component when it isn't needed?
Thanks, xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » May 28th, 2009, 9:46 pm

how about a keyword to disable the ability to right click playlist in the context menu. Then a playlist skin could use it's own playlist buttons exclusively, which would actually be load interface buttons triggerring the playlist. Then it would be possible to have a minimal player in addition to the playlist, or no "main" at all, just the playlist.

If anyone else has a better plan to set up a player w/ playlist only, without doubling the controls, please tell me your idea.I know Winston and Jikaru have played w/ this extensively, so what have you learned so far about building these?

Thanks, Carmine. (xonenine) :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby WinstonGFX » May 29th, 2009, 3:30 am

Seems logical to me
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Jikaru » May 29th, 2009, 12:49 pm

After playing with them...well it doesn't really matter whether or not you remove the capability to have the main be visible...because you can always hide it...only thing is it will always be considered a "Playlist" Window...

so My proposal was to have the Playlist as a generated list (just how it is now) but useable on the Main as well...this way the "Main" can have a playlist AND we can just not include a "Playlist" window option and just keep it hidden. And I have already brought this to Cliff's attention back when I made a bunch of suggestions...
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby xonenine » May 31st, 2009, 6:31 am

well, I'm just going to take a swack at making one. We know enough tricks, we'll see... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » May 31st, 2009, 6:44 am

I proposed the playlist early on as a simple list of layers which could have all the efx etc..

think it fell on deaf ears tho amongst all the other goings on
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » May 31st, 2009, 8:06 am

I heard ya SloB but I dont see that working practically.we would have to include a way for multiple layers to react to each AND have them resizable which would just be too much work. The complications that would arise seem like more than we need.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 1st, 2009, 6:32 am

I don't see any issues with that approach, remember, they would most likely be created once with instances of. Meaning your issue would be a non issue as sizes would be relative - this is how winamp does it.

Anyways the pl is done now so not a lot of point looking at other ways.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » June 1st, 2009, 11:01 am

actually if this was done the way winamp does it then we could have stuff behind the playlist, at current it fills the entire square with the color indicated at the top left corner...poses a problem for one of my skins but I over look it so It doesn't bother me as much this: Playlist stays the same ratio (size) as it was before load. I want it to change size when a new skin for the playlist is loaded that way it starts at the minimum indicated by the artist... <--bothers me tremendously especially when I don't include resizing capability immediately.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby vprimachenko » September 11th, 2009, 8:14 am

xonenine Wrote:...t Xion would "know" the main and playlist were combined, and thereby not look for another component when it isn't needed?

xonenine Wrote:If anyone else has a better plan to set up a player w/ playlist only, without doubling the controls, please tell me your idea

just what i said in my tread http://xion.r2.com.au/community/vwtpc.php?t=1364 :D
vprimachenko
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 19th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby chickendips » October 25th, 2009, 8:53 am

i think we should be able to get playlist functions to work anytime even if its not named playlist. >.>
:?
chickendips
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests