Xion Audio Player

[added: 117] Slider Controlled Animation Set

Added features are moved here for archival purposes, usually marked with the build number they were added in.

Postby Lance » June 3rd, 2009, 3:57 am

Cliff my man, what are the chances of being able to cycle through the frames of an animation by using a slider object? Have blank non-determined sliders just like you have the buttons. If this could be implemented, being able to cycle through a large array of colour themes (or anything else) with a slider would be fantastic :) Really hope you can do something like this as it would be perfect for the new default skin (which is coming along smashing btw, almost finished coding :)) Cheers!

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 3rd, 2009, 4:04 am

I also requested RGB sliders which could be done on layers some time ago, although I appreciate Cliff cannot add in everything ;)
However, RGB is the future! ;)

I think you can hook up a slider to an animation set already, think it was in early on but for the progress bar, although I could have completely forgotten lol, I forget ;)

Other workarounds could be to show:
a small colour palette with tabs showing groups
a colour circle of sorts which has hotspots which would then use modify to show specific coloured layers
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » June 3rd, 2009, 9:13 am

I think what he means is using an object that will cycle through the animation layer by layer, not have an animation BE the slider. This would be doable I think be cause windows can do this with c++ but I don't know anything about reading layers separately through a group in a psd.but you would think this could be possible and would be a great addition if it didn't collide with any other features..
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 3rd, 2009, 9:39 am

Yea I knew what he meant, was giving ideas more than anything, it could possibly be fauxed ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 3rd, 2009, 6:27 pm

Lance Wrote:Cliff my man, what are the chances of being able to cycle through the frames of an animation by using a slider object? Have blank non-determined sliders just like you have the buttons. If this could be implemented, being able to cycle through a large array of colour themes (or anything else) with a slider would be fantastic :) Really hope you can do something like this as it would be perfect for the new default skin (which is coming along smashing btw, almost finished coding :)) Cheers!

Peace, Lance

That depends, what are the chances that you'll be done soon? :P

It shouldn't be too hard to add support for this. I don't think it will cause anything to break that will delay the release.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » June 4th, 2009, 11:50 pm

sweet. sounds good to me, this will definitely decrease skin sizes for sure.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 8th, 2009, 7:14 pm

I've added support for this into build 117.

The new slider keywords are animframetb, animframebt, animframelr, animframerl.

You will also need to use link(x) on both the slider and the animation, in order to link the them together so that the slider can control the animation.

When the user drags the slider that controls and animation, it will automatically pause the animation and leave it paused. If you don't want to allow the user to control the slider, just add the new readonly keyword. This will allow you to setup a slider that simply shows the progress of an animation.

You may want to use the paused keyword on the animation layer if you don't want the animation to play automatically, but want the slider to have full control

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » June 8th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Absolutely fanTASTIC Cliff! Sounds exactly how I imagined it. Thanks a lot for your effort man, really appreciated!

On a personal note Cliff, I've been making a lot of progress with the skin. I made a few updates to the main player, added a couple things, tweaked the layout a little and I've now coded all of it appart from the sliding draws which won't take long. However, I'm having issues with the playlist coding man. It seems that fix for the resize rectangle using the snap rectangle hasn't worked properly as no matter what my document size, the resizing is always very random and messed up. I'll tell you more online anyway.

Thanks for this!

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 8th, 2009, 8:01 pm

oo cool :) n1 Cliff :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Jikaru » June 9th, 2009, 9:31 am

YESSS finally, been waiting for this a long time...thanks a ton cliff and for the trans one as well.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests - Added