Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 117 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby SLoB » June 18th, 2009, 10:55 am

xonenine Wrote:Well, just wanted to say the transparency sliders and svst both work terrific! These will be great to use instead of layers in alot of skins.Thanks Cliff. :D

It's only taken 3 years ;) heheh :lol: good job I got eagle eyes lol :shock: :roll: :wink:

It could have made RGB more the norm, therefore increasing customisation, oh well it's in there now heheh :) I'm not complaining lol ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » June 19th, 2009, 8:06 am

There is one small bug. With svst added to the three colored layers (for trans sliders), I lowered all three sliders to zero, exited Xion.

On restart, the sliders still slide, but the colors stay at zero transparency.At this point the svst's have to be removed before color is restored.

I've duplicated several times to be sure.

Thanks, xonenine. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » June 19th, 2009, 8:40 am

doh, ill knock up a quick psd at the weekend to test too, have you tried putting the layers in a group and svst the group instead?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » June 24th, 2009, 11:59 am

I haven't tried to group it yet SLoB, but that's a good call. The issue seems to be that if you write any code after link(x), it often kills the link... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » June 24th, 2009, 1:49 pm

so make sure link(x) is last lol.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Rutabaga » June 27th, 2009, 2:37 pm

The following will cause Xion to crash:

Start Xion
Open the Configuration window
Switch to the Settings tab
Click in the Track title Format text box
Move the cursor to the end of the default format text
Press backspace (usually once is enough; sometimes twice)

I tried it with a fresh install (default skin and config values) and it still crashes.
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » June 27th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Good find! I can confirm this bug, took one backspace for me. Using Windows 7 RC btw.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 27th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Rutabaga Wrote:The following will cause Xion to crash:

Start Xion
Open the Configuration window
Switch to the Settings tab
Click in the Track title Format text box
Move the cursor to the end of the default format text
Press backspace (usually once is enough; sometimes twice)

I tried it with a fresh install (default skin and config values) and it still crashes.

Nice find Rutabaga!

I've fixed this for the next build!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 27th, 2009, 9:59 pm

xonenine Wrote:There is one small bug. With svst added to the three colored layers (for trans sliders), I lowered all three sliders to zero, exited Xion.

On restart, the sliders still slide, but the colors stay at zero transparency.At this point the svst's have to be removed before color is restored.

I've duplicated several times to be sure.

Thanks, xonenine. :)

Fixed for the next build, thanks xonenine :)

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Rutabaga » June 28th, 2009, 12:56 pm

Cliff,

Playing around with the Track Title Format some more, I find that backspacing to delete a closing parenthesis or the last letter of a % identifier also causes a crash. Hopefully this is already fixed with the previous problem (deleting at the very end). If not, well, now you know. :)

The following may or may not be real problems:

#1: I had thought (possibly incorrectly) that the Track Title Format would only affect the playlist and the default track layer. However, if you replace the entire format with a constant string, say "cow", the various track XXX layers (e.g. track artist) in my skin stop working (the current text remains frozen). This seems odd, although a constant format is a degenerate case (but one potentially useful to myself until I can convince you to implement my feature request :roll:).

Actually, I just went back and played with this some more. If I delete the references to the track title from the default format value, leaving just the track artist stuff, then my skin's track title and track album layers stop updating on song changes unless the artist also changes. So it looks like updates to the various track layers are driven by a change in some portion of the format string.

#2: Changing the Track Title Format value updates the default track layer and the current song in the playlist. The other songs in the playlist don't change over to the new format value until they are played. Even closing and restarting Xion does not seem to change them.

#3: When I use Remove -> Remove All from the playlist window while a song is playing, the list is cleared but the song continues to play. In fact, it seems the song occupies a phantom slot in the playlist, because I can then use pause, stop, play, next, etc. on the song. The song doesn't go away unless I use Remove All while it isn't playing, or add new songs to the playlist. At first I thought the playing song should stop on the Remove All, but maybe this is just a good way to bridge radical changes to the playlist.

Thanks!
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 28th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Rutabaga Wrote:Cliff,

Playing around with the Track Title Format some more, I find that backspacing to delete a closing parenthesis or the last letter of a % identifier also causes a crash. Hopefully this is already fixed with the previous problem (deleting at the very end). If not, well, now you know. :)

Its the same issue, essentially the parser was dying due to a missing brace. All fixed.

Rutabaga Wrote:#1: I had thought (possibly incorrectly) that the Track Title Format would only affect the playlist and the default track layer. However, if you replace the entire format with a constant string, say "cow", the various track XXX layers (e.g. track artist) in my skin stop working (the current text remains frozen). This seems odd, although a constant format is a degenerate case (but one potentially useful to myself until I can convince you to implement my feature request :roll:).

Hmm, no it should only be affecting the default track layer and playlist. It shouldn't be affecting the other custom layers, I'll get this fixed, thanks!

Rutabaga Wrote:#2: Changing the Track Title Format value updates the default track layer and the current song in the playlist. The other songs in the playlist don't change over to the new format value until they are played. Even closing and restarting Xion does not seem to change them.

That's correct. Track titles are only updated when you play the track. Until they're played, they're all cached. I may look at allowing you to refresh them manually without having to re-add or play each track. The reason for this? If you have many many songs you don't want it to always be scanning the tracks for updates to the titles, or if you decide to change the format.

Rutabaga Wrote:#3: When I use Remove -> Remove All from the playlist window while a song is playing, the list is cleared but the song continues to play. In fact, it seems the song occupies a phantom slot in the playlist, because I can then use pause, stop, play, next, etc. on the song. The song doesn't go away unless I use Remove All while it isn't playing, or add new songs to the playlist. At first I thought the playing song should stop on the Remove All, but maybe this is just a good way to bridge radical changes to the playlist.

That's correct. I do this because I regularly like to leave a song playing, while I clear the list and add new songs. I still want it to finish the current song its playing. If you manually stop it though and clear the list, Xion will forget the song. I'm pretty sure Winamp and others do the same thing here as well.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » June 29th, 2009, 3:15 am

Awesome Rutabaga, but I like having the current song continue to play even though I am clearing the list...I still want a Physical Remove and a Remove tree in the context menu's...
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Rutabaga » June 30th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Cliff's comments make sense. I think most of my 'problem' is that I'm ... over 40. I grew up with LP records, and still tend to listen to music an album at a time (including the songs I don't like!), even though it's all digital now. So I want Xion to behave like a single disc CD player, which is probably somewhat different than what most people want.

I have one more issue to bring up:

I have a drawing problem with my skin. A portion of a layer is not drawn when the layer becomes visible. I'm sure it's because of the bizarre way I put the skin together. I've already decided to change how I'm doing things, but if this is exercising a bug I figure it should get fixed.

It's probably easiest to explain if you load the skin. You can download it from here.

Keep clicking on the Xion logo 'button' on left. It cycles to the Windows logo, then to nothing, then back to the Xion logo, etc. About 90% of the time, after cycling through them, the top and bottom of the Xion logo 'button' is cut off. Moving the mouse over anything that gets redrawn (e.g. the playlist button) will instantly fix the Xion logo button. The clipped region is outside the snaprectangle; I don't know if that's related.

Let me know if any of that wasn't clear.

Thanks.
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » June 30th, 2009, 9:32 pm

The link you've given is an empty ZIP file with no archives. Could you reupload please and I'll take a look. Cheers fella :)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Rutabaga » July 1st, 2009, 12:29 pm

Lance Wrote:The link you've given is an empty ZIP file with no archives. Could you reupload please and I'll take a look. Cheers fella :)

Sigh. I hate HTML. The file is definitely there, but that link sure won't give it to you. Please try getting it through this boring page (it works for me). If not, I can try email (it's only 80K) or I'm open to other brilliant suggestions...

Thanks!
Rutabaga
Xion Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds