Xion Audio Player

Some Requests

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby AllMac » July 13th, 2009, 7:42 pm

When opening a file or more files, can you make them play automatically?

When opening other/new files, can you make them replace the current files in the play-list? You can have a "add to play-list" feature for that, if you were to create your own play-list.

When stopping a song somewhere in the middle of the play, or when you pause a song, can you make them fade down or fade up when you start them again?

Also, when you stop a song, it doesn't necessarily need to start from the beginning again.

You could implement those features as options to enable or disable or make them permanent. Your Choice.

This is something I'd like to see done with this player. I'm currently using JetAudio Plus to play music as it has everything I mentioned above.

I like this Xion Player because it's light and simple. With a bit of polish done on the player, I could make it my permanent music player.

Nevertheless, congratulations on the Xion Queenslander.
AllMac
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » July 14th, 2009, 7:39 am

AllMac Wrote:Also, when you stop a song, it doesn't necessarily need to start from the beginning again.

That would be a 'pause' not a stop.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 14th, 2009, 10:35 pm

AllMac Wrote:When opening a file or more files, can you make them play automatically?

How are you opening the files? If you do it from the playlist, they won't play automatically unless you double click them. If you open them from Explorer they should play automatically.

AllMac Wrote:When opening other/new files, can you make them replace the current files in the play-list? You can have a "add to play-list" feature for that, if you were to create your own play-list.

Again, unless you're adding files, the default is now that it replaces the playlist. (Have you seen the latest Beta, or just the current public build 100?)

AllMac Wrote:When stopping a song somewhere in the middle of the play, or when you pause a song, can you make them fade down or fade up when you start them again?

If you shift + click on the stop button, or right click the stop button and click stop+fade it will do just this. I can probably enable something similar for pause.

AllMac Wrote:Also, when you stop a song, it doesn't necessarily need to start from the beginning again.

As WinstonGFX said, just use pause instead.

AllMac Wrote:You could implement those features as options to enable or disable or make them permanent. Your Choice.

This is something I'd like to see done with this player. I'm currently using JetAudio Plus to play music as it has everything I mentioned above.

I like this Xion Player because it's light and simple. With a bit of polish done on the player, I could make it my permanent music player.

Nevertheless, congratulations on the Xion Queenslander.

Thanks! :)

I think most of your points have actually already been addressed, so it looks like it might be time for you to change soon! ;)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby AllMac » July 15th, 2009, 1:01 am

Just installed the latest build 118 and I must say, there have been some important changes from the 100 build.

Excellent! Keep it up. :D
AllMac
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests