Xion Audio Player

where do you put downloaded skins?

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby yokelxyloid » August 8th, 2009, 3:24 am

Hi I notice that one of the big reasons for xions popularity is its claim for easy skinning. But I think there should be in that case a few pointers for people on how to change a skin!
I downloaded 3 Already made skins that i liked but where do I put them? In wich folder?
I also notice that they are in xsf format but the one i find in the folders i have looked in are in xtn format? IF I click on "choose skin" I get current skin and all skins tab but the ones i downloaded are not there, where do I put them? If I click on "get more skins" I am taken to a web site but I already have the skins i want on my computer. I just dont know where to put them, Any advice on where ot put them and on how to load them and why are they in a different format?
LIfe's hard n then you die
yokelxyloid
Xion Supporter

Postby hemagoku » August 8th, 2009, 3:34 am

put them in "interfaces" in xion folder ,and ya xion is my player to skin xD
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby yokelxyloid » August 8th, 2009, 3:48 am

hemagoku Wrote:put them in "interfaces" in xion folder ,and ya xion is my player to skin xD

Hi thanks for such a quick reply!!!
I had tried putting them there but it didnt work, maybe this is because i am using a portable version. Anyway I found that dragging the xtn file onto the player itself worked, I got a message about installing it, Clever! but if only there had been a little text file with the programme when i first downloaded it to tell me that!
As this player is popular for skinning then there should be every effort made to give a few pointers.
great player though and thanks for the quick response.
yokelxyloid
Xion Supporter

Postby hemagoku » August 8th, 2009, 3:58 am

np ,btw i have portable version 2 xD
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby yokelxyloid » August 8th, 2009, 5:04 am

hemagoku Wrote:np ,btw i have portable version 2 xD

yeah portable is becomming really popular.
The problem was I was putitng them in the right place but the files were in xsf format that i downloaded from this site. I didnt know how to change the format. Anyway now i know I can just drag them onto the prog and it will do it for me.
yokelxyloid
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 8th, 2009, 7:49 pm

yokelxyloid Wrote:
hemagoku Wrote:put them in "interfaces" in xion folder ,and ya xion is my player to skin xD

I had tried putting them there but it didnt work, maybe this is because i am using a portable version. Anyway I found that dragging the xtn file onto the player itself worked, I got a message about installing it, Clever! but if only there had been a little text file with the programme when i first downloaded it to tell me that!
As this player is popular for skinning then there should be every effort made to give a few pointers.

Ah right, I see. You're using the portable version, that's the problem :P

If you use the full version you'll find all you need to do is double click the .xsf file and Xion will ask you if you want to install it.

Out of interest, what is the preference for the Portable version? Are you running it from a portable device that you use on multiple computers?

Its essentially exactly the same as the full, except you don't get proper Integration with windows. I.e you can't double click skin files, you can't associate your audio files with Xion, etc.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby hemagoku » August 8th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
yokelxyloid Wrote:

Ah right, I see. You're using the portable version, that's the problem :P

If you use the full version you'll find all you need to do is double click the .xsf file and Xion will ask you if you want to install it.

Out of interest, what is the preference for the Portable version? Are you running it from a portable device that you use on multiple computers?

Its essentially exactly the same as the full, except you don't get proper Integration with windows. I.e you can't double click skin files, you can't associate your audio files with Xion, etc.

Cliff :)
mmm ,i can associate my music with xion xD ,though double click opens MS office infopath
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 8th, 2009, 11:37 pm

hahah, I think that's why Cliff brought in the XSK extension as MS in their infinite wisdom seem to think they own file extensions and don't seem to care that other programs out there might be using those lol ;)
You need to change the file association if you don't use infopath
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to General Xion Discussion