Xion Audio Player

slider question

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby hemagoku » August 7th, 2009, 10:51 am

ok so i made the progress bar and volume bar in curves ,but the slider only goes right to left ,any way to make it move on the curve ?
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 7th, 2009, 6:35 pm

hemagoku Wrote:ok so i made the progress bar and volume bar in curves ,but the slider only goes right to left ,any way to make it move on the curve ?

The sliderlr, etc layers are just for straight sliders. If you want to make a curved slider you'll have to use the Animation layers with the type set to the relevant value. I.e. 6 for volume, 7 for progress.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » August 7th, 2009, 6:58 pm

hahah try this workaround ;)

put a 1% transparent white layer which masks your slider and cut out the only allow the part you want to be used as a slider - kerching :)
Of course it will always be a straight slider but with only allowing the part you want to be active it will behave like a curved slider
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby hemagoku » August 8th, 2009, 12:21 am

SLoB Wrote:hahah try this workaround ;)

put a 1% transparent white layer which masks your slider and cut out the only allow the part you want to be used as a slider - kerching :)
Of course it will always be a straight slider but with only allowing the part you want to be active it will behave like a curved slider
wow u r a genius xD thanks 4 the idea ,i ll try it ,though i think i ll still have some problem so i come back later xD ,thanks cliff 2 :)

edit: .. ok ,i tried that transparent layer thing and didn't work ,if possible can u make me a psd example or something ,maybe i am doing it wrong xD

edit2 : aa wow i just noticed cliff u r the maker of Xion xD thanks for the great program man ^^
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby hemagoku » August 9th, 2009, 1:55 am

mm sry for double post ,but mm i can't seem to try either of the ways ,can someone show me example or something :(
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Postby djinn2 » August 9th, 2009, 2:28 am

Your best option is to rip apart another skin that does what you need. In fact the latest addition to the skins page, Solar Circle does the curved sliders : http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=skins&id=634
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » August 9th, 2009, 2:42 am

Have a look at my Amorbous skin, that has 2 curved sliders :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby hemagoku » August 9th, 2009, 2:52 am

thanks guys ,hope i figure it out from those ^^
hemagoku
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion