Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.0 build 122 Beta Release

Beta Builds of Xion. These are builds that are not quite ready for Release, but need feedback and bug submissions in order to move it to Release Status

Postby dragoon » September 24th, 2009, 5:01 am

Venom Wrote:Logokas....being an Estonian u had to be the first one to have something to say about an onther nation no?

He was not trying to offend you, try to understand. He was defending you and how your language may be a bit more blunt, don't sweat the small stuff -_-

On to your problem.. do you just install the new version and they not work? I mean, do you go into the config and try to set them up with each action you may want to do? This is the case for me, the keys do not work unless you set them up for my keyboard.
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby Venom » September 24th, 2009, 5:25 am

well i try 2 set them but it doesn't respond when i push them...it's like..Xion won't recognize thoose keys or smth....
Venom
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » September 24th, 2009, 7:31 am

Venom Wrote:It's ok if u ask...i want to help you in any way i can!...so..no..Cliff...the drivers(software) are from a CD.....and it installs IntelliType Pro 6.0.1(for kb) and IntelliPoint(for mouse)..and this is the exact picture Image
PS: I'm trying to update them...I'll come and post later if it works or not with 1.22 afther I update
RE:..updated the drivers and...now the |<< and >>| keys work but only when the playlist is displayed....but it instead of going to the next track it skips it and plays next one....the play/pause and stop still don't work..well...back to 1.20

Have you tried programming them in Xion in the Hot Key Preferences?
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby dragoon » September 24th, 2009, 11:19 am

WinstonGFX Wrote:
Venom Wrote:It's ok if u ask...i want to help you in any way i can!...so..no..Cliff...the drivers(software) are from a CD.....and it installs IntelliType Pro 6.0.1(for kb) and IntelliPoint(for mouse)..and this is the exact picture Image
PS: I'm trying to update them...I'll come and post later if it works or not with 1.22 afther I update
RE:..updated the drivers and...now the |<< and >>| keys work but only when the playlist is displayed....but it instead of going to the next track it skips it and plays next one....the play/pause and stop still don't work..well...back to 1.20

Have you tried programming them in Xion in the Hot Key Preferences?

Erm.. that's what I just asked..

Anyways, new problem, Cliff!

I just set up my dual monitors. When I right click on the playlist on my left screen, the menu appears on the extreme right side of my primary monitor
[Monitor2] [Monitor1]
[Secondary] [Primary]
If it helps.
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 25th, 2009, 12:38 am

this menu or other normal windows things normally happens when you have got the monitors setup wrong in the set up, you may need to drag the monitor in the settings prefs in windows so you can then move the mouse from side to side in both monitors
that looks to me like if you moved mouse right then it would come onto the next screen rather than the 2 monitors becoming one
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby cerberux » September 25th, 2009, 2:16 am

my multimedia keys are working! both mouse and keyboard! hurray! :D
first time they've worked for me in any xion builds... so thrilled
(I have a logitech mouse in case anyone was wondering)

Did I mention how awesome Cliff truly is? :)
cerberux
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 25th, 2009, 9:01 am

cerberux Wrote:my multimedia keys are working! both mouse and keyboard! hurray! :D
first time they've worked for me in any xion builds... so thrilled
(I have a logitech mouse in case anyone was wondering)

Did I mention how awesome Cliff truly is? :)

Haha, thanks cerberux,

Seems that I've fixed everyone's problems with the keyboard, except for Venom, which I've now broken :(

Cliff :(
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » September 27th, 2009, 2:58 am

The last two days i've been having weird issues with the repeat and random functions. They sometimes just don't work, player stops playing next track, and switching the functions on and off doesn't really work, either. I have no idea how to reproduce.

I also just got a fake runtime error when loading a DI.FM station. Again, no idea why it happened.

EDIT: Oookay, apparently the runtime error occurs every time i try launching that particular station.

http://scfire-dtc-aa01.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1003

This stream produces the runtime error.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby djinn2 » September 27th, 2009, 3:26 am

That stream plays perfectly fine for me. Have you tested the other addresses for the trance channel on DI, or is it just this one that crashes?

I've very occasionally had issues with repeating or playing the next track, but only if there's been something wrong with the file being played or if Xion is playing in the background whilst playing a game. Are you having this problem with all media?
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby dragoon » September 27th, 2009, 3:41 am

SLoB Wrote:this menu or other normal windows things normally happens when you have got the monitors setup wrong in the set up, you may need to drag the monitor in the settings prefs in windows so you can then move the mouse from side to side in both monitors
that looks to me like if you moved mouse right then it would come onto the next screen rather than the 2 monitors becoming one

The only monitor setup that is wrong is one that is not how the user likes it. Nothing is set up wrong, everything works great. Except the menu in Xion when it's on my secondary monitor.

I can move my mouse between both monitors just fine, that's not the issue. Dual-desktops are not a new concept to me, either.. I've been using them for quite a long while. If I move my mouse to the left it goes to me secondary monitor, as stated in the cheesy diagram:
Code: Select All Code
[Monitor2] [Monitor1]
[Secondary] [Primary]

The only menu that displays on the wrong monitor is the menu from the Playlist LIST. The menu on Xion's mainbar displays properly, as does the list anywhere else inside the Xion Playlist. When right-clicking inside the Xion Playlist LIST, you know, with all the song names in the list, the menu shows on the far side of my other monitor. Anywhere else works correctly. Right-clicking on the scrolling title bar displays the list at my cursor, regardless of which monitor it is on.

I get the feeling you think I want a Horizontal spanned desktop, all one long window with 1 background and 1 long taskbar stretched over both windows, which is not the case. Two desktops, two monitors, one taskbar on primary monitor, one graphics card and one computer. Dual-view.

For clarification, I do not use the ATI Catalyst Control Panel at all. Windows configures my monitors. I have the bare minimum drivers installed, fully updated. There is no software window/menu repositioning software running in the background. (Part of the reason is that the Control Panel from ATI always runs in the background wasting valuable RAM)
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 27th, 2009, 7:51 am

Hmm, I'm running a triple monitor setup here with 2 Nvidia gfx cards with no probs, have even tested it on 1 gfx card with dual with same set up as 1 main monitor with taskbar but the menu is completely with the playlist.
I don't have mine set up as one big monitor either, however I have noticed Winamp at times when adding a text value to the songticker to display the x position when moving the skin and it treated the entire desktop as one, this was a while ago now though.
I only noticed that as I had some code to snap back the skin to 0 if it went off screen (and it bound itself to center monitor so the left monitor would be out of bounds)

So no idea why you are experiencing that issue.

I've tried to repro your issue but everything is fine here.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Deathy » September 28th, 2009, 3:37 am

So it's not a Xion bug :)
Deathy
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 28th, 2009, 3:59 am

It could still be a bug ;)
focusing the right click context menu on another screen is a bit odd tho :shock:
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby dragoon » September 28th, 2009, 7:39 am

Deathy Wrote:So it's not a Xion bug :)

No, he didn't rule it out completely, i still see it as a Xion bug. The other Menus show up just fine, and as I mentioned there is no repositioning software in play so there is nothing else to blame.
I took two screenshots, and added the menus present on both of them. The first menu appears on the far right, that's the problem one. Then I did the right click menu on the scrolling bar, which appears exactly where it should:

SCREENSHOT
dragoon
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » September 28th, 2009, 11:00 am

For some reason i can no longer reproduce the Visual C++ Runtime error anymore, and oddly enough, the repeat/random functions have unbugged themselves too. This is very confusing.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds