Xion Audio Player

Trophies and Badges

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 13th, 2009, 7:06 pm

Hi everyone!

Introduction
A while ago logokas made a suggestion (along with some other people) that we should have a Badge system.

Now that we're on this new forum the possibility of that just came true. I've tested it out on my dev box and its working quite nicely.

It allows me to setup different kinds of Badges. Some that can be assigned only by me, and others that can be nominated for.

What's in a name?
So from henceforth, any that you get awarded will be known as Trophies and any that you guys can nominate each other for will be Badges.

What's needed?
So in order to get this implemented we're going to need a couple of things and I'm turning to you guys because you're the artists and creative types! :D

First and foremost I need ideas for both Trophies and Badges. Remember that Trophies are for things that you can win, such as competitions. Badges are for things you can be nominated for by anyone on the forum. (I.e. less special, but still special all the same).

Once we've come up with a list of the Trophies/Badges, we're going to need the images for them! So you might like to keep that in mind when coming up with ideas (how they might be represented as images).

What's allowed?
Honestly, we should have lots of fun with this. So see what crazy ideas you can come up with. I'll pretty much allow anything as long as its not too offensive, rude, etc.

Conclusion
So that's it, post away below. I'll collate them all at the end of this post as people suggest them. Once we have a list we can sort through them and decide which ones to keep/throw away and then get started on making the images for them.

After that I'll enable the system and we'll be away!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 15th, 2009, 10:36 am

No takers? Perhaps I shouldn't add this system?
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » November 15th, 2009, 11:04 am

Early days yet Cliff

I think some kind of reward system should be implemented, kudos/thanks button would be good, build some points up kinda thing.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » November 15th, 2009, 11:11 am

I think it's a great idea.People who are commited to painting and improving will enjoy it.As far as the catagories or ranks, I'd say you're right on target in differentiating between trophies and badges.

Badges would be for things like profficiency in different tasks, I'd imagine, and the contest or trophy type would be alot more straight forward.

So it's probably a matter of figuring out what abilities would differentiate the badges, whether it's novice/advanced/expert or something along those lines.

There could be special catagories, like best creative idea, best new artist, most improved, etc, and that would lead to an annual structure of some sort.

These are just ideas I'm throwing out there to start getting more ideas, and not specifically opinions on what we should do... :)

Edit: also, as far as the form, a banner like the new online banner that goes near the avatars would be pretty cool, different color or design stripes meaning different things...kinda like military rank.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » November 15th, 2009, 2:07 pm

Well, when i came up with this idea, it was directed towards skins, not skinners.

However, this is good as well. I'm coming down with a cold and a nasty toothache though, so i'm afraid my brain cannot give you what you're after at the present time. Perhaps another day.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » January 5th, 2010, 4:14 am

no matter what you call it, I hope one of the first badges goes to djinn2! For stalwart support, reasonablness, hehe, reasonablness, actual intelligence in betas, great communicator, just an all-around quiet juggernaut you'd want there in any situation. :) =D>

it is no evil portend that that was post 666 either...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » January 5th, 2010, 9:35 am

Awww you just want me to give your skins high ratings :oops:

I'd create a skin or two if I had any artistic ability. All I can do otherwise is give credit where it's due :cheers:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » January 5th, 2010, 7:55 pm

WOT no badge for me? ;) heheh :shock: :lol: #-o
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » January 6th, 2010, 12:07 am

hehe =D> =D> =D> I still can't use the "more smilies".

All kidding aside, you are both indispensible.And both respond to people so well that it is a pleasure to watch.

Where/what are your other projects these days SLoB?They would be interesting to see..., and I'm taking a couple weeks off work. :D

xonenine :)

and no to the scores djinn, hehe, there is a community of over 8 million gladhanders already, hehe...I like hearing when people hate the skins even more now!Just another thing SLoB taught me...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby logokas » January 8th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Okay, a bit of brainstorming.

For skinners:

PRO Skinner - A badge people like Lance get, for creating bugless, beautiful skin
Bug Detective - A badge people get when they have reported an outstanding number of contributing bug reports that have led to a fix.
Feature Genius - A badge for members who have suggested several great new features.

For skins:

PRO Skin - Bug-less and absolutely 5/5 design skin ( Think XDJ, and yes, i am being a Lance fanboy, shut up )
Experimental - A skin trying out new things, like xonenine's skins
Featured - A skin selected by Cliff/Mods once a month to be featured in a list you see when you open the skins page the first time. This is different from the NEW SKIN feature at the top right corner.

That's all i got for now, really. I'm no genius.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » January 8th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Hmm, reminds me of collecting Scout badges ;) In a way it would be like that and the Army of collecting loads of badges for show.
While I think there needs to be some kind of merit shown for such things it definitely needs thought of how best to implement.
I think you have just scratched the surface there logokas (in a good way), good start though! Needs more ideas adding to that list.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Vinnie84 » January 9th, 2010, 12:59 pm

once the badges and trophies come in i will be hooked :P
achievements are a drug to gamers like me...
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 9th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Vinnie, play MW2 then, there are so many in there to last a lifetime ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Vinnie84 » January 9th, 2010, 9:55 pm

hahaha i got bored with mw2 already..i prefer forza3 these days
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion