Xion Audio Player

Halo and game HUD skins

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » November 16th, 2009, 1:39 am

While I decide which models to mess w next I've been playing Halo and taking screenshots so I can get a Halo HUD skin started...

Maybe something small (in filesize) with real HUD elements, which is to say; skin elements widely seperated at the corners of the screen or top and bottom, (or even slide out panels) like a game HUD.

So there will be some small game skins and some HUDs or combinations.Here is the direction small Halo skin is going, I'm sure I'll change the environment map for the glass reflection...
the slide out panel on this one will have a game art gallery, albumart, or vu meters, and there will be several different faceplates. :)

Edit: and in thinking about it for a few hours, I think a tabbed slide-in player that is offscreen except for the tab until you need it will fit nicely here, with the larger game skins.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » November 17th, 2009, 7:14 am

Well, the interface is about done, but I think I'll do away w the sliding panel.There is so much room in the center that the panel isn't needed.

The controls are minimal for a cleaner look, with playlist, next, previous, volume and progress being the only player buttons.

Now I'll add the various options like VU Meters, Game art, and album art to the center panel, with a button or two to control that... :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » November 17th, 2009, 8:47 am

I feel better now, hehe, that panel was really detracting from my design...
look how much slimmer it seems even tho' it isn't...

It could use a font too, but I have to find a nice clear one.

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » November 18th, 2009, 9:08 am

...anyway, as you can see, this is a nice calm skin.It doesn't fly around or change colors or shoot things, hehe.

All I'll do is try to take some really nice Halo art shots...and fix the vis color...maybe also add the same environment map to the black panels that the center has...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » November 19th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Image... :)
the sliders still look like crap, but it's coming along.(and believe it or not, the red and blue buttons top left are on the same line.Makes you want to chew tin foil...)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » November 24th, 2009, 12:30 pm

started the game art...still have to add more game art and change the two sliderbits to skewed transparent tabs like the rest of the skin. :)

Given the size of the center panel, the idea is to give a sense of the colors and environment lighting in halo, and not so much to be able to see details in that small area, although there is enough room to do a nice shot of a weapon in one.Probably my favorite in Halo, the sniper rifle.

And I'll make the slide in tab skin next,resembling Total Annihilation or Command and Conquer type of panels.Come to think of it, I still play Alpha Centauri, that interface offers alot of options...(I can hear that voice in my head, hehe, "Turn complete, Production complete").
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » November 24th, 2009, 11:12 pm

its looking really nice
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » November 25th, 2009, 6:50 am

Thanks Vinnie! :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » November 25th, 2009, 7:43 am

if cliff gets on to those sound fx imagine having cortana welcoming you when you open up this skin :P
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » November 25th, 2009, 8:48 am

hehe, I've always been fond of her, forgot her! I'll have to try to get a nice screenshot of her, who doesn't love a semi naked woman made of glowing numbers... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » November 25th, 2009, 11:11 am

something like this would look killer cut in to sections for a TREBLE VU that would flicker to the music
http://www.halo3actionfigures.com/wp-co ... figure.jpg
and maybe in later xion builds could pop up an say hello when u press pause,
and talk u through navigation :D over_playlist play_cortana"playlist".wav

ahhh come on cliff make our wildest dreams come true =P~
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » November 28th, 2009, 4:44 am

I smallercated the Halo handgun and will just include it w this skin as an extra mode.
Image :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs