Xion Audio Player

i Hate this

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby quBe » December 7th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Changelog:
Modified the behaviour of the Tray icon so that single click will pause/play after the double click time has expired and double click will occur instantly, showing/hiding the interface. This removes the pausing/playing of a song when you used to double click to show/hide the interface

I just Hate this !! :shock: , could you offer a option to enable/disable this "fix"?

I'm using very often the tray icon to pause/play, and when i press it it's like a delay or i don't know, it's like something goin' wrong, it would be very nice to be instant. So just a option to enable this thing would be zuper cool :o
quBe
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 8th, 2009, 4:08 am

The delay is to verify a double click did not occur. With the old way, if you double clicked, 3 things happened.

1. You paused the player.
2. You made the player appear.
3. You unpaused the player.

This caused a tiny but noticeable stop in the music, which was something most people did not like, thus the feature was changed.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » December 8th, 2009, 5:25 am

Yep adapt, resistance is futile ;) heheh
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby quBe » December 9th, 2009, 5:18 am

Yes, i know, but what the hell, i'm not bothered by that super tiny freez, that's why i asked for an option or something.
I don't use the "enable/disable" of the Main Interface, so for me it's not so ok...
quBe
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 9th, 2009, 11:53 am

I'll look into a way to allow you to customize the Tray clicks. In doing so, if the double, triple, etc click is disabled, then it can immediately respond to the single click.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Vinnie84 » December 9th, 2009, 12:07 pm

is this really that big of a deal breaker?
its funny tho... it really shows how awesome xion is when someones biggest problems is something so minor
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby quBe » December 10th, 2009, 4:15 am

well, an "issue" it's something small that doesn't work well (for me), and i'm glad that it will be fixed.
quBe
Xion Supporter

Postby quBe » January 2nd, 2010, 10:51 pm

Oh, i found something that is not working well.

Example:

I'm playing the x song, i close Xion, i delete X, then i double click on Y song, It's says "error: it cannot etc etc." it's kinda annoying + the windows beep sound.

If it cannot be played (for the crossfade) it should be ignored, not to appear the Error, etc.
Thanks.
quBe
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests