Xion Audio Player

db1011

Post your latest skin designs and receive feedback before you release

Postby xonenine » December 5th, 2009, 2:45 am

A disk with especially nice lighting and environment maps.Not sure what all I'm going to do to it yet, but I just like the looks of it...

Last edited by xonenine on December 21st, 2009, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » December 5th, 2009, 6:44 am

As long as it has some flashing spinning bits, shows the track and has volume and progress bars I'll be happy to throw it around. It is a musical Frisbee isn't it? :lol:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » December 5th, 2009, 12:59 pm

It has spikes too, just fiddling w it still...really lights up quite nicely tho' :)
I guess I'll make the spikes so they can be retracted...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » December 5th, 2009, 1:32 pm

what programs are you using for this one mate?
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » December 5th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Just Viewpoint as a renderer.I just like the way it lets you play w transparency and light maps.I could add textures too!It has a great set of transformation tools for animations.

It's a very cool free program, but the real bonus is that you can put 3d models that move rotate and scale on any webpage with a broadcast key, which is also free.It could never compare to a high end model prog tho.It was designed to display products in 3d on the web.

Ultimately, I would be able to have 3d models of each skin I create on my page, which the user can rotate and look at. I've used this feature on other pages, it really kicks butt.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » December 7th, 2009, 4:53 am

the three modes...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » December 21st, 2009, 1:29 pm

Another way of looking at it... :)

There are two more views with different reflections, which will be another version of this skin...And a couple of xtra modes, like this globe mode.As in the first skin, various parts spin and reflect...this time there are spikes ...so far.They still need to look better.

If I really want it to look polished, I 'spose I should consider a nice shutter for this skins lens...

and this is in there now too...

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » December 26th, 2009, 1:38 pm

damn spikes... :roll: still didn't like em.
Well, I only ended up using one more view out of literal countless others, that was fun... :)

Also...I haven't even begun to translate any skin elements except on one axis...ensuing skins will rotate on mutiple axes...they will appear much more layered. :D
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » December 29th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Here is the original db1011, as I found it, :)
Here's a link to the model, if anyone wants to play w it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?2yhjrtwzrnn

I feel compelled to make a few more skins based on this model, it amazes me how many different skins a person can make w only several shapes...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 4th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Well, it's not the same model, but this saucer rebuild is coming along...It rotates, clear glass buttons 'round the perimeter, chock full of lightmaps. :)

I will see how it looks rotating some rings counter to the orientation, over the top, and rotate something against the stream in the main animation.... :D

Edit: oh yeah, and this time a real shutter will iris open and shut, 'tho I did like the lightmap dissolve on the lens too.
Last edited by xonenine on January 5th, 2010, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » January 4th, 2010, 11:44 pm

just reading your last post in here gave me the coolest idea :D
and seeing as you are a skinning master i am going to throw the idea your way...

a STAR-GATE skin :P
have the gate as the player,
the symbols as controls
just a thought
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » January 5th, 2010, 2:03 am

I love stargate, that is a very good idea Vinnie, I will download a couple .3ds files today and post one, thanks!!! :)

btw, just look at some of my first skins, and have a laugh, they are awful, hehe.I was so interested in function I didn't even see how they looked... :oops:

Here's a stargate, where the author made ALL the symbols etc on two flat disks covering the gate-have to delete them for my purposes.The gate itself will be ok w/ some fiddling... :)

Edit:there is another model the same author made, for another mode, a control console for the stargate...
Last edited by xonenine on January 5th, 2010, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » January 5th, 2010, 9:44 am

Great idea!

Are you going to have an animated event horizon?

The full-size version of this is cool : http://www.flickr.com/photos/10666596@N08/3247883243/

so is this : http://www.stephenmeli.net/images/eventhorizon.jpg
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » January 5th, 2010, 9:53 am

I will now, djinn, thanks for the 2 links!...#2 is my wallpaper now, for fun and reference

I was just moping around today thinking I'd rather be making a visualization.I'll make the water/energy and make it have vortexes of various types, maybe as a vis and as mouse overs... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Vinnie84 » January 6th, 2010, 2:53 am

happy to help :D
that water energy vis is a awesome idea

..."bing" light bulb....

you could probably even make the water swell an ripple with some "indi_active trans_volumeb animation" groups.....
hmmmmz i i gotta try that.
Vinnie84
Xion Supporter

Next

Return to Pre-Release Skin Designs