Xion Audio Player

xion tutorial

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby graphomet » February 4th, 2010, 6:07 am

hello everyone!

im a new member to xion,and would like if some one can pls notify me if they got a tutorial video how a xion skin is done from start to finish.ive seen one on utube but that wasnt very detailed.
what i like to know is that when our design in done,do we merge all the other existing layers besides, the play pause and stop button?
and the track layer,how does the xion skin display the track title,number track and time on the track?

looking foward to a tutorial done by a good xion memeber to help out a newbie.

cheers
graphomet
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » February 4th, 2010, 7:08 am

While you wait for that ;) Check out some of the skins already made, rename the xsf to zip and open the zip file up, chuck the psd into photoshop and have a look at the skin structure. Will help you get to know the layers etc...
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby graphomet » February 4th, 2010, 9:39 am

will do so mate,ill be browsing those files for sure.so your gonna do a tut i suppose as well?? :D
graphomet
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 4th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Were the basic tutorials on the help page, not helpful?

http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=help
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » February 4th, 2010, 8:25 pm

My head isn't in any type of skinning mode atm :( so that's gonna be a NO, although I would like to go through the process of doing one but that's not gonna happen anytime soon :)

Part of the issue is how deep do you go, at the end of the day there is the help page with all the keywords for layernames and that is all the coding there is apart from some of the more advanced hacks/workarounds.

It might help to plan the skin on paper 1st, even if its a list of buttons and things to get the feel for it.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby graphomet » February 4th, 2010, 11:16 pm

hello cliff.

the tutorial description is good enough help,but i was suggesting a video tut for the Simplicity of not having to read(not a matter of been slack) but rather to view it on video(tut)and that way any member gets to the chase,when some one has to read a tutorial maybe he can get stuck no matter how basic it is,regarding to a vid tutorial with vocal demonstration with in 5min its pretty much self explanitory from there and beyond.and these days most tutorials do come in handy when they are vid-tuts.

best regards from melbounre :)

cheers mate
graphomet
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion