Xion Audio Player

skin sugestions

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby r4ndom-cl1p4r7 » March 12th, 2010, 4:37 am

edit: problems fixed

I have one or two problems with my current skin. My first problem is that when I right click my skin, the only options I get are the 'stop' options. I also in previous versions of xion was able to drag my skin by any of the four corner 'buttons' but now I can't do this anymore and the skin can only be dragged by the 'chalk lines'

I did not add in a visualization switching button yet.

Up play
down stop
center pause
left previous
right next
topleft corner playlist

you can download my skin here to see what I am talking about.

http://cid-2dbfb91d226f1bff.skydrive.li ... fnorth.zip
Last edited by r4ndom-cl1p4r7 on March 14th, 2010, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
r4ndom-cl1p4r7
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » March 12th, 2010, 9:26 am

What I did to fix this: remove all tt(tooltips) from the down and over states of buttons.You only need to add tt(tooltips) to the normal state, never over or down.

A button cannot have a moveable tag, there is no way around that, Remove those moveable tags also, now the right click menu will show and the skin is built properly (after those two issues.)

The chalk line is the only area that can be moveable with this button setup.

Nice work, too. :) xonenine.

Also, you could delete the other thread of this post, 1 is plenty. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby r4ndom-cl1p4r7 » March 14th, 2010, 6:50 am

Thank you very much for your help! I managed to find away around the 'buttons can't have a movable tag thing' Well although it is true that a button can't have a movable tag, I put a transparent layer above the button after going through all your suggestions.

I still had trouble with the 'stop only' menu. I was able to get around that by realizing that the 'stop' buttons where the size of my skin :oops: I re-sized them to the minimum that I could manage, and the drop down list only shows up when I click on the stop button, which I find reasonable.

I think now I am going to remove the stop and play buttons and leave the pause buttons, and replace them with something else, perhaps a visualization change button and a??? I don't know, didn't decide.

You can download my skin again here to see what I did.

http://cid-2dbfb91d226f1bff.skydrive.li ... eNorth.xsf

[[also I couldn't find my other post, so I assume it was deleted by an admin. Completely understandable, but I would have done it if I saw it there.]]
r4ndom-cl1p4r7
Xion Supporter

Postby r4ndom-cl1p4r7 » March 14th, 2010, 6:53 am

Oh, I am also thinking about adding volume and progress sliders, perhaps a balance slider.
r4ndom-cl1p4r7
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion