Xion Audio Player

My first skin ever

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby RAIDENSUB » April 16th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Hi. I am trying to make my own skin.I can't understand how to make the layers with the track information and i can't find the right colors for the skin,they are too many.Can someone help me?Can someone tell me how to choose the right colors?I open up some skins but i can't understand.The layers are merged.Sorry for my english. Help!!!!!!!!!!
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 17th, 2010, 8:18 am

It's great you're making a skin.Here is the tutorial for making a basic skin:
http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=tut1

You will also find the layer keyword reference chart here:
http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=layerref

You have opened some skins to look at, it might help you most to open a skin or two from the Minimalist catagory.

There are no specific rules for colors, there are nice color scheme design sites and software on the web, to help make choices, here is one:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/

It will seem easy soon, have fun... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby RAIDENSUB » April 18th, 2010, 3:30 am

Thanks for the help and the quick reply. I have study the tutorials in the xion site and the keyword reference but the problem is that i don't know how to make the layers.I think i must make a layer with one square inside and named track but i am not sure.Sorry for my bad english.I didn't ask the questions right.Thanks again.
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 18th, 2010, 2:05 pm

You make a rectangular layer the size and position where you would like your text to display.If you are only making a tiny square it wouldn't show up.If it still doesn't show, try making it a little larger than you think it needs to be...

You are right, the layer is named track.you can drag your psd directly onto the player to test it. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby RAIDENSUB » April 19th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Thanks you very much.
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » April 20th, 2010, 7:36 am

You're welcome, and feel free to ask any questions, anytime. xonenine. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Joneswilliamsc » May 10th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Hey the same I was doing. I am also making my own skin. I got this idea after registering on this site. But I have less information about it. After reading this post I got the lot of information about it and hope that this will be enough information for me to help.
Joneswilliamsc
Xion Supporter

Postby uvah » November 28th, 2010, 12:43 pm

I've never made a media player skin before. I'm no stranger to skinning. I belong to a skinning sight called wincustomize. Usually I do calendars but I've also started building sysmetrix. What I need is to understand the naming system used in making a skin for Xion.
The reason is this; I have a project in the works that requires a media player and I have one skin I'm supposed to mate with a sysmetrix. That isn't the problem though. I can do that easily enough. Its building the player itself that has me stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
uvah
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion