Xion Audio Player

Drag and drop

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Azvareth » February 20th, 2011, 7:02 am

Drag and drop folders with music files

Make XION chrash once and a while, not all the time but fairly frequently, perhaps 2-3 times / day. I do not know if this is reported before, it is hard to follow the bug reports.

I run Win-7/32 where this happens - I have not yet dumped a win-log of the error but could do so when it chrash again and if developer which to. (perhaps a dump of what file-type caused this as well? but I don't believe the file-data itself is causing it)

The computer is a thin black something with lots of keys on, Microsoft 2000 v1.0 thing...
ahh just kidding, some better data below.

late edit
I got it now, drag and drop... so I post the win-log, lang SWE
Problemsignatur:
Problemhändelsens namn: APPCRASH
Programnamn: Xion.exe
Programversion: 1.0.0.127
Programtidsstämpel: 4cde8875
Namn på felmodul: XionTags.dll
Modulens version: 0.0.0.0
Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 4b383f97
Undantagskod: c0000005
Undantagsförskjutning: 00076d10
OS-version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Språkvariant-ID: 1053
Ytterligare information 1: 0a9e
Ytterligare information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Ytterligare information 3: 0a9e
Ytterligare information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Xion is v1.0 build 127, mem 2GB, shell: bbLean, CPU 64bit AMD 2.4Ghz -> oc(2.6)Ghz, generic CPU temp 35º-40º C.
Peace love and understanding... To all, but...
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » February 20th, 2011, 11:38 am

This happens to me sometimes too. Win7 64 bit. Xion build 127.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » February 20th, 2011, 5:57 pm

How does the drag and drop functionality work?

If it's the same as the shell context menu, i would suggest using it.

Though in the case of bbLean, that might be an issue.

Also, i didn't know people still used that thing, and on Win7 of all things.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Azvareth » February 20th, 2011, 10:35 pm

hmmm Not quite sure of what you mean, but drag and drop a folder with music-files onto the main XION window... Also I am thinking this might be related to the Tagging Error bug...

I would guess speaking in development terms, a logical error, something needs to be done first or later, perhaps additional checks to see if something has finished and perform an action.

I guess XION internally tries to do stuff when it has finished and do not check if some other action is completed... But it is my guess.

As for bbLean - I do not believe it is causing the error... Yea! it is quite dead, but it is the best shell out there today.

It is like comparing vinyl vs CD... Vinyl is quite dead, but it is better, however CD is used by the masses... and therefore todays standard.
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » February 21st, 2011, 8:28 pm

You have no idea what i meant.

When i asked what functionality drag and drop represents, i meant what Xion does with the folder.

Does it process the whole folder and turn it into a playlist? Or does it update the current playlist and adds the tracks found in said folder?

I would blame bbLean first, because it's a nonstandard shell, and fairly old. Xion is meant to be used with the standard Windows Shell.

The error may mean something to Cliff, but unfortunately other obligations are keeping him fairly busy these days.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Azvareth » February 21st, 2011, 9:48 pm

Aha! Now I see what you mean, and my answer is: I don't know, because it crash and terminates, however it "feels" (but it might be just me) like it start processing files, but do not finish it, some error with the file-reading, and more feelings tells me that it might be tag-related, thats the reason I said that it might be connected to the "misread tags" bug reported below this thread (when I write this).

Yes! that is a problem with one developer on hobby basis... One must earn money as well and have to choose where to put the "money" so to speak. I'm not blaming him, I have to choose money before releasing the world problem solving software I have been working on. To bad, but such is life.

I will for a shorter period of time switch to Explorer shell... I will report later if it solves the problem or not... (however the file-manager that is dropping files is Explorer, it is only the DTM that is bbLean - everything else is basically MS Windows)
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » February 22nd, 2011, 9:54 am

I haven't experienced any of such crashes related to tags. I frequently create playlists out of folders via windows shell menus ( the 'Play in xion' feature ) and it always loads perfectly fine. I'm sure your issue will go away aswell when you stop using bbLean.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Azvareth » February 22nd, 2011, 9:18 pm

Thats true, but then I guess you don't run on my system, with my stuff...

I am not going to argue, I only make a final statement... I can test to see if it crash or not without bbLean. I am not going to give it up, bbLean ain't that old see picture (if it works)

If I have to choose between bbLean or Xion, my choice is already clear... bbLean stays...

//I am grateful that you take your time pointing this out, thank you!
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)