Xion Audio Player

cue files

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby djinn2 » February 2nd, 2007, 6:40 am

Support for mp3 cue files would be useful. They're not that common but I do come across them occasionaly. It would be nice to not have to chop up the lang mp3 files you can get. This is especially important for files longer than an hour as some skins don't display the time correctly.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Omega Xi » February 28th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hello there, first of all, I'm really sorry to bump a thread from 2007, but I have just discovered Xion and I really think it's a fantastic player. The only issue I have with it is the lack of support for cue files. In some ways I guess it's understandable as many players, even Winamp, have either no support for audio files with cue files or poor support for them. However I regularly listen to mp3s with cues, for example the Bitjamand Hardreadpodcasts. At the moment, XMPlayis the only player I have come across that properly supports cue files and even has no problems submitting the info from the cue sheets to last.fm as you are listening.

I guess not many people use cues, but the few people who do will love you if you support them properly in your application ^_^
Omega Xi
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests