Xion Audio Player

Pull Open Skin/Panel example

Tips, Tricks and Techniques for creating amazing Xion skins

Postby xonenine » February 24th, 2010, 12:00 am

Here is a simple .psd for making skins or panels that can be opened with mouse instead of buttons.

Grabbing the center panel the skin can be opened and closed w mouse.

The example:
http://downwcarbon.site11.com/faulty.zip :)

Pull out and pull down skins may also be made this way...To a certain degree skin elements and panels are also moveable this way.With snap to frame multiple positions/modes can be established. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » February 25th, 2010, 8:52 am

Nice example Xonenine :D

It gives us a good idea of the direction that skin design will probably move towards. Especially once we have hardware acceleration and SUI's. The thought of a pull down playlist gives me goosebumps :thumright:
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby xonenine » February 25th, 2010, 9:16 am

I'm excited too.There are hundreds of new tricks to try now w moving panels, and shade skins, and drawers. :)

I'm going to make 3 or 4 types and fool around, 'cause before long Cliff will have a fix in to trigger the playlist, it's been a while... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby regener8ed » January 30th, 2011, 7:20 am

i see where this is going, but i was initially hoping for something else. it would offer a huge benefit in filesize reduction if the sections actually translated, instead of progressing through frames.
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 30th, 2011, 9:45 pm

That's a really interesting way to make a sliding panel, nice work xonenine!!

Its interesting to see what people can come up with when they're held under certain limitations, that's for sure!

regener8ed Wrote:i see where this is going, but i was initially hoping for something else. it would offer a huge benefit in filesize reduction if the sections actually translated, instead of progressing through frames.

I will eventually add a way to translate frames. I'm just rather busy on some other projects at the moment.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xonenine » January 31st, 2011, 10:52 am

thanks Cliff, this will never stop being fun for me.Carmine. :)

another idea was to slide an animation sideways, touch screen like, each snap frame being a different mode, Playlist, EQ, Art, should be fun...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Tips, Tricks and Techniques