Xion Audio Player

Start animation code?

Tips, Tricks and Techniques for creating amazing Xion skins

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » April 25th, 2012, 8:12 am

Guys, is there a code that would allow an animation to play ONLY when the player is in 'Play' mode? I want to create a cool 'No Album Art' animation, but I don't want the thing running when the player is stopped or paused----only when playing.
I'm not talking about the visualization, but an animation that I create. If I've overlooked this code in the Help section, please point me to it. Thanks everyone!
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » April 27th, 2012, 12:42 am

Trigger the play/pause/stop buttons to start/stop the animation. That's my idea off the top of the head, at least..
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » April 27th, 2012, 12:53 am

Yeah what he said. However, that could cause a couple problems though. You will have to have the animation either playing or stopped initially when Xion loads. So if it's stopped by default but Xion loads in a playing state, clicking pause would then pause the music but trigger the animation to show. So it's not a concrete method in that sense as it could become opposite in certain circumstances...

My suggestion would be to have a layer above the entire animation which is basically just a merged screenshot of the animation area without the animation, and name it "indi_pause" so that when the player is paused, the layer unhides and covers the animation (even though it's still running underneath it.) Hoping that made sense... :)
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » April 28th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Figured it out myself guys...."animation delay indi_play" for the animation group. Works like a charm! Thanks, though, for getting back to me fellas. :D
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » April 29th, 2012, 8:54 am

Damn...well, yes that's obviously going to work. I just figured you'd tried that already which was why you were asking for an alternate solution LOL. Sorry man, there's a few keywords which don't work on certain things and I lose track of what does/doesn't. In any case, indi's are always your friends :) Glad you got it sorted!
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » May 8th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Thanks Lance, and yes every thing's sorted now. I don't know why I didn't think to try "indi_play" from the start, but I had completely overlooked it.
Thanks again for responding! Also, thank you Logokas!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Return to Tips, Tricks and Techniques