Xion Audio Player

skinning tricks

Tips, Tricks and Techniques for creating amazing Xion skins

Postby SLoB » January 29th, 2010, 5:37 am

Yep djinn2 wins :) =D>
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby lewa » February 4th, 2010, 12:34 pm

xonenine Wrote:I remember Snaprectangle the dog, but not indi... :)

Always raises an eyebrow when you have guests over. "Here, snaprectangle!"
lewa
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » April 28th, 2012, 9:02 pm

I had posted a request in another thread within this same subforum, needing help with triggering a "No Album Art" animation group to run only during playback (not during pause or stop modes), got a couple of good suggestions from a couple of guys, and finally figured the trick out myself (or, at least, one that works just fine)....So I'll post the solution here also, since this thread is for Tips:

Name your animation group "animation delay indi_play". Doesn't matter what the animation layers within the group are named, as long as the group is named this way.
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » April 29th, 2012, 9:12 am

All you need is "indi_play" man, "animation" is obviously going to be there, and "delay" isn't needed at all, that's for setting delay between frames, which should actually read "delay(x)", so not sure why you have that tbh. But yeah, this is a basic indi function and can be applied to all sorts of stuff =]
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » May 15th, 2012, 1:25 am

Oh, well it worked so that's how I left it! But, now I'll go back and update it (remove the delay txt)...
I have a question I need some help on: As PS doesn't seem to let you name your layers with too long a string, are there any tricks to either shorten any of the keywords, or perhaps adjust PS settings to allow for unlimited text in the names of layers? One of my Playlist layers came "unstuck" recently (pl_info fa(right) fn(BankGothic Lt BT) fs(11) passthrough) , and I couldn't add "anchortl" or any other anchor to it because the text for the layer became too long, so I was left with the layer reading "pl_info fa(right) fn(BankGothic Lt BT) fs(11) passthrough anchor", which doesn't anchor the layer...
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » May 15th, 2012, 1:26 am

Well, I could use another font, right? Duh. Nevermind...
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » May 15th, 2012, 6:15 am

BabySatellite Wrote:I have a question I need some help on: As PS doesn't seem to let you name your layers with too long a string, are there any tricks to either shorten any of the keywords, or perhaps adjust PS settings to allow for unlimited text in the names of layers?

Yup! Right click the layer > Layer Properties. Super massive name strings accepted :)
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks and Techniques