Xion Audio Player

Sharing the Music Player

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby artoke84 » November 21st, 2011, 9:10 pm

Hi everyone
I think I already got the basic idea of how Xion works: Install the software (Xion), create a .psd file, drag and drop it on to the player and there you have your custom skin for the music player. Awesome, but..
what if I want to send it to somebody that doesn´t have Xion installed? is it possible?
I mean, I want to share my newly created player to be used as such, not to be modified, just to load and play music (e.g. Media Player, Winamp)

...I guess some documentation in that regard could be really useful.

>David
artoke84
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » November 24th, 2011, 11:04 am

All you're essentially creating is a SKIN, not an actual, fully functional music player. For others to use it, they HAVE to install Xion, first.

You could theoretically pack together a portable version of Xion with your skin, but it's kind of reinventing the bike.

Just finish your skin and put it into the appropriate format of .xsf, upload it to the skins page, and then direct the people you want to show it to to the download and skin pages. You can also share your skin manually with other people.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby artoke84 » November 28th, 2011, 4:46 am

Just for fun(?) I tried the "theory" and it worked!
I have this zipped portable Xion which gets very close to what I had in mind...
You can get crazy with Xion and the many layers options, not no mention you can customize your Playlist viewer, that´s a little too much XD

thanks logokas
artoke84
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » November 28th, 2011, 2:22 pm

I was actually agains't that idea, but okay.

Just upload your skin to the database so the rest of us can have a look too. God knows we could use the activity.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to General Xion Discussion