Xion Audio Player

Xion Weirdness

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » February 29th, 2012, 8:43 am

Hey guys (and gals),
Lately, my player, when Windows first boots up, has been acting weird; instead of picking up from the station or song it was on before I restarted my computer, it starts scanning real quickly through everything in my playlist---super fast----and keeps doing that until I exit the player and restart it again. After that, it picks up from where it stopped scanning.
Anyone know why this is happening???? :?
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » March 1st, 2012, 2:37 pm

are your audio files on an external drive? the symptom sounds like it isn't finding the source drive for the files right away.
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » March 13th, 2012, 5:09 am

No, they're on my system-drive.....It's crazy! Only started doing this about a month ago. Can't figure out why. Perhaps I should re-install Xion. :?
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » March 13th, 2012, 10:59 pm

This has happened to me loads of times too. I actually find it quite amusing, it really does move very quickly through the PL items :P

Mine weren't external either and it would be completely random. Could have the same playlist loaded for days turning Xion on/off regularly and it'd spaz out once or twice.

That said, I've been using alpha builds from Cliff for a long time now and haven't had this bug at all so my guess is whatever was causing it is fixed already and future builds will be fine =]
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm

Lance Wrote:This has happened to me loads of times too. I actually find it quite amusing, it really does move very quickly through the PL items :P

Mine weren't external either and it would be completely random. Could have the same playlist loaded for days turning Xion on/off regularly and it'd spaz out once or twice.

That said, I've been using alpha builds from Cliff for a long time now and haven't had this bug at all so my guess is whatever was causing it is fixed already and future builds will be fine =]

Talking about Alpha builds, when are you going to be done with the skin? :P
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion