Xion Audio Player

Playlist-Player

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » September 11th, 2012, 1:16 am

I'm wondering something....

Since various items like buttons, visualizations, etc., can be added to a playlist interface, can't the playlist actually BE the player too? I mean, I'm thinking about designing a player/playlist (one interface).....maybe have all the buttons located at the bottom, the visualization somewhere on the side, opposite the scrollbar, and a few animations at various places on the thing. And IF an actual player, aside from the playlist/player interface is needed, I might could just have a single launch-button that toggles it. Then that button could be hidden afterwards.....

Anyone care to give me some feedback?
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » September 11th, 2012, 6:11 am

yep, been playing with this in a skin for some time and what you're asking definitely works. i was hoping to use the playlist as a sort of alternate mode to toggle between small/large skins, but determining whether the pl is already open doesn't seem to have a dependable solution. my work-around for the moment is to reduce the main skin to a small button which can be restored at will, independent of the playlist.
(*cough* STILL WAITING FOR A NEW BETA!)
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » September 11th, 2012, 9:18 pm

There's already a skin at deviantART that is similar.....a friend there brought this one to my attention today: http://sonarpos.deviantart.com/art/sonar-761-295403942
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 11th, 2012, 10:17 pm

We've been waiting for Xion to be able to use the playlist in the main player window for a long time now, so skins can expand (or remain large size) and show the playlist within.

btw that skin only toggles the playlist in the last beta version
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ganeshkmr21 » March 3rd, 2013, 2:56 am

I had designed many skins before but never tried to make a playlist.
when i was tring to design a playlist skin recently, I was continuously failing. I would be thankfull if any one figures out my mistakes. am posting the .PSD file link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g1g89zxm72f1kgm
ganeshkmr21
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion