Xion Audio Player

Lost the ability to Add to Playlist

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby scottyj » January 14th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi guys, I haven't put this in the bug section as I don't think its an issue with Xion. About a week ago I lost the ability to Right-Click -> Add to Playlist (or Add to Queue, I can't even remember what it was called!). I had to rebuild Windows 8 about a month ago and I think a file association was set to WMP and removing it has potentially broken it (I think thats what happened).

I've tried reinstalling Xion including the lastest beta, which hasn't fixed the problem. And a quick Google search hasn't helped.

Does anyone know how to get this functionality back? I'm happy to edit registry settings etc but I figure no better place to come and ask than here :)

Thanks
Scott
scottyj
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » January 14th, 2014, 2:49 pm

I've personally only ever seen the "Add to Xion Playlist" options when right clicking a folder of music but never on individual files themselves. I'm unsure if that's deliberate or not but I'd like to be able to do so.

No doubt Cliff will find his way to this thread shortly and give you a better answer.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 14th, 2014, 8:07 pm

scottyj Wrote:Hi guys, I haven't put this in the bug section as I don't think its an issue with Xion. About a week ago I lost the ability to Right-Click -> Add to Playlist (or Add to Queue, I can't even remember what it was called!). I had to rebuild Windows 8 about a month ago and I think a file association was set to WMP and removing it has potentially broken it (I think thats what happened).

Hi Scotty,

First of all, open up the Configuration, switch to the File Types Tab and make sure 'Integrate into Explorer's context menu' is ticked.

Then in the File types list, ensure that you activate .mp3 (Try unassociating, then associating again).

Xion should launch the additional windows configuration dialog that you need to ALSO modify. Ensure the tickbox next to mp3 is checked (or whichever file you're adding).

Then hit save.

Once this is done you should be able to play files in Xion.

To add folders to Xion, you can right click a folder and choose Add to Xion playlist or Play now in Xion.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby scottyj » January 16th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Thanks Cliff, followed all that and still lost that menu entry on the right click. At the moment I have to play a song 1 at a time (unless I add a whole folder which I don't want to do).

I'll keep playing around and see if I can sort it, its not the end of the world but a rather handy thing I am really missing!

Cheers
Scott
scottyj
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion